Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-29-2023, 02:52 PM
Orc

Default death/heal glitch?

not trying to snitch on a dude; i can't even remember his name, but i was grouped with this guy in crushbone yesterday when a pull got hairy and in the group chat i was typing

"dude run"
"dude"
"run"
"run for the zone"
"wtf"
"dude wtf"

and this guy was just holding the line, beating down on this red con and not winning. this thing beat this guy to death. i watched his health bar drain down to zero. i even watched him keel over dead on the floor, and then right on that tick where he keeled over dead on the floor he just zipped back up to standing and his health bar went up to 100%.

and the dude didn't say anything about it and just carried on beating down this mob, and when we killed it he didn't say anything. just moved on to the next mob. and i said to him "dude, wtf just happened?" because it was just the two of us and neither of us were healers. and this guy just says one word.

"glitch"

now... maybe. but on a scale of 1 to suspicious this guy had my scale tweaking. so just to satisfy my curiosity, is this a known glitch, or was this guy messing me around?
Old 01-29-2023, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Tunare acts in mysterious ways. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2023, 03:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunare acts in mysterious ways. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks magic 8 ball
Old 01-29-2023, 03:31 PM
Banned

I've seen this happen before and it was in Crushbone as well.

When you go unconcious (purple health bar) there's a small chance to be healed to 100%.

Not sure why or how it happens, but it does.

The real story here is your Chad of a groupmate.

Pure hero right there.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:55 PM
Large Rat

Saw this in SK against Treants, got killed and then instantly not killed and won the fight. Only once though...they killed me plenty.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Orc

Happened to me yesterday in CT. I was getting beat down and with the bar at 10%, I resigned that I was going to die in the next hit or two. I was knocked unconscious, and then stood back up at full health. I stood and took a beating for the next 5 seconds while I was trying to digest what just happened. I honestly don't know.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

It's a known bug with regen atm. Anything with a regeneration effect, if a regen tick hits while you're unconscious - you'll pop back to 100%. You notice it more at the lower levels when you're more likely to end up in the (0 - -9) range due to how hard the mobs at that level hit.

-Mcoy
Old 01-31-2023, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

Was on my mage earlier, in Sol B. Agro'd 2 lava duct crawlers, pet died, I started casting Gate. Went unconcious right as Gate went off, zoned. Landed at bind with full health and my gear. Was like O_O

uwu
Old 01-31-2023, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a known bug with regen atm. Anything with a regeneration effect, if a regen tick hits while you're unconscious - you'll pop back to 100%. You notice it more at the lower levels when you're more likely to end up in the (0 - -9) range due to how hard the mobs at that level hit.

-Mcoy
root potions just got better!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung