Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Default Exp quest in 30s and beyond?

I went from CB to high pass to high keep. Each of these places I had a quest I could do for a little bonus while leveling. Now that I'm in my 30s the goblins are starting to green out so I'm looking for some new places to adventure. Is there a spot similar to the places I've been so far? Somewhere I can exp on mobs and get a nice little bump from an exp quest in the area.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Banned

You can go to 35/36 on the High Keep Goblins.

Depending on your class, you could move to OT ramp (if you're a solo/duo class) or Mistmoore CE group until 40.

There's also Lower Guk, but that can be pretty empty.

Then at 40 you pretty much have CoM.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can go to 35/36 on the High Keep Goblins.

Depending on your class, you could move to OT ramp (if you're a solo/duo class) or Mistmoore CE group until 40.

There's also Lower Guk, but that can be pretty empty.

Then at 40 you pretty much have CoM.
Are there any exp quests in these spots? I like having the belts/hides/ears as a nice little bonus after grinding a bunch of mobs. Or are ears basically the last quest worth doing for exp, and now it's just grind town USA?
Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any exp quests in these spots? I like having the belts/hides/ears as a nice little bonus after grinding a bunch of mobs. Or are ears basically the last quest worth doing for exp, and now it's just grind town USA?
Not really, however the gnolls in South Karana drop scrolls which you can turn into Qeynos for exp.

Like a blue for each scroll turned in at 30. However, they are lore, so you can only do 4 at a time.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, however the gnolls in South Karana drop scrolls which you can turn into Qeynos for exp.

Like a blue for each scroll turned in at 30. However, they are lore, so you can only do 4 at a time.
Don't turn in all 4 at once - you'll cap out the amount of xp you get. Turn in one at a time for best return.

-Mcoy
Old 08-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Aviak

Depending on your faction with the outpost in OT, you can collect sarnak warbraids to hand in for faction and xp.

Sintia - Wood Elf Druid
Biglee - Gnome Warrior
Old 08-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't turn in all 4 at once - you'll cap out the amount of xp you get. Turn in one at a time for best return.

-Mcoy
Gonna need more info on this. I am horrified that I have wasted tons of lightstones/bandit sashes/gnoll teeth/pelts.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 08-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna need more info on this. I am horrified that I have wasted tons of lightstones/bandit sashes/gnoll teeth/pelts.
I don't think it's a problem with any of those quests; the gnoll scrolls give significantly more than them, so I think that's the reason why turning in four of them at once makes you exceed the cap, while turning in four of those other items at once doesn't.

But honestly I didn't even realize the gnoll scrolls do that, and I'm sure I've turned in four at once many times before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Skeleton

Can anyone confirm if this is a problem with any of these (or goblin ears)? I didn't realize there was an EXP cap.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

I think there's a cap of 11% or something on quest turn ins, and the scrolls are a significant chunk of that by themselves. On top of that turning in all 4 scrolls at once completes a different quest than just turning in 1-3 at a time:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tesch_Val_Scrolls

All 4 scrolls nets you an earring and xp, while 1 scroll at a time gives you xp. I remember in my 30's 1 scroll was 8% or so.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread