Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

Good stuff!!

Would like to see some more notable places get polished up.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Sarnak

This is really cool. Thank you!

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Old 10-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Aviak

Wow...

You have these in high resolution?
Old 10-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Please post as soon as you do some of Kunark! I'd def use some of the Kunark sites as Wallpaper!
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

If you need any help getting textures, I can pull whatever you need out of the s3d files. A lot of the textures in the s3ds are much higher quality than you'd see in game, not all, but most.

Also, if you want to set up a scene, I can set up my local test server with whatever npc, object placement, time of day and sky you'd need.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you need any help getting textures, I can pull whatever you need out of the s3d files. A lot of the textures in the s3ds are much higher quality than you'd see in game, not all, but most.

Also, if you want to set up a scene, I can set up my local test server with whatever npc, object placement, time of day and sky you'd need.
I hope you tale Uth up on his offer... sounds like you could make some seriously sweet 3D's with his help staging it.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

5 stars. Looks awesome!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Skeleton

Awesome work, 5 stars for the post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Cool guys I'm glad you like the stuff!

Uthgaard that is a very generous offer! The lighting conditions of the game add a lot to the environments, and getting that effect correct is definitely key to recreating an authentic looking EQ scene. As far as staging specific conditions, it'd really be most useful for reference. I was exploring Erudin last night and found a scene that might be interesting to recreate, but unfortunately it was raining out. I am curious to see what this could look like at dawn. I don't have my heart set on the scene yet, but I think it does have some potential.

I am most curious about the possibility of higher-res textures. It's interesting that the server has a bank of images that are not actually used in game. Are you referring to that texture pack update that was offered to the public, or are there actually higher quality versions of classic textures?

Anyway, last night I was working on an interior shot of a fountain in Erudin. Here's the screenshot i'm using as reference, and should hopefully be posting the final image in the next couple of days. I'm currently out of town for the weekend so the work is a little slow on my laptop..but we'll see. I have an exterior shot of EC in the works as well that I should be posting along with the other.

I agree that Velious has some truly beautiful scenes, but I won't be able to grab Kunark or Velious scenes until I have access to those zones...although I guess nothing is stopping me from pulling the models from other servers. Oh however I am currently only running EQLite. Regardless, I'd prefer to stick to classic zones to embrace the P99 spirit!

As far as getting higher-res versions of these, it's hard to say. When I get back to my desktop early this week, I'll see what I might be able to do. I can't promise anything but I should be able to go 1280x720 or so.

Thanks again guys, I should be posting some more in the next night or three.
Last edited by toddfx; 10-10-2010 at 04:43 PM..
Old 10-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Awesome! 5 stars! That shot of HK is amazing!
Closed Thread