Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Post doesnt matter manastone is useless in the next two expansions.
Move to resolved
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
when Kunark drops you'd have to level 50-60 exclusively in the Hole to get this "saved time."
  1. Buy one now. Kunark doesn't come out for another 9 months.
  2. Manastone isn't soulbound - you can use it on any toon in classic.
  3. Some great spots in classic to level 50-55, especially with a manastone.

Quote:
That is 1.5 years of playing 3 hours per day, 7 days a week, no holidays, not farming Kunark items, not farming Velious items (since manastone doesn't help there).

Not bad.
If someone is making only 1k/hour, they are a Qualified Manastone Purchaser (QMP.) They aren't even in the market for it.

Quote:
Now say if someone creates an alt and is able to scrounge up people to group with in Classic zones, then the calculation can continue. But once they step foot on Kunark, or even the Planes, that investment return freezes immediately.
Quote:
Post doesnt matter manastone is useless in the next two expansions.
Move to resolved
  1. If you're a wiz, druid, necro, etc. you're probably soloing. Even with Kunark/Velious there are great zones to group/solo in classic
  2. Manastone currently usable in all available planes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  3. Druids/wiz can self port to classic to use Manastone whether it's Kunark or Velious. At 60 with Kunark and even Velious gear with much higher mana pools it becomes even more valuable to do this to get FM

----------

Bonus Info: It's more efficient than originally thought

Any class can buy the shaman regen pots (see : http://wiki.project1999.com/Potion_o...r_Rejuvenation ) From talking to a shaman the effect is simply Chloroplast on Green.

This means the 200 mana cost for Chloro on our earlier calculation is also saved and so total mana saved is bumped ~66%, from 300 to 500 mana at the cost of ~30pp. For every 1 hour of doing this you're spending 120pp. Pretty reasonable cost, especially for someone who bought the Manastone.

Instead of saving 1:52 every 15 minutes or 12.5% saved time, you're saving approximately 3:07 every 15 minutes or ~20%.

This means you need 300 hours of "active" play time to break even on camping cost @ 60 hours camping Manastone. That's 3 months 10 days @ 3 hours/day.

------

We haven't even talked about regen items like Fungus Staff (prenerfed / nerfed) or Fungus Tunic (permanent, stackable Clarity.) Wow!
Last edited by Castle2.0; 02-20-2020 at 03:42 AM..
Old 02-20-2020, 04:02 AM
Sarnak

why are you going into such detail for an item that is well known, and all details about it are easy to understand and find?

EVERYONE knows what a manastone is, and most know if they do and don't want to buy one.

You don't have to come up with a paper to make people want to buy one.

If they haven't bought one yet, they either don't want to, or simply do not have the funds...or maybe they are waiting on the /list.

Either way, if I was selling one i would wait until they are removed from the game.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:38 AM
Kobold

youre not geting a manastone in your lifetime by simply camping plat lolz
Old 02-20-2020, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
youre not geting a manastone in your lifetime by simply camping plat lolz
You do realize multiple people have purchased these with straight plat... there are several camps where you can make 500pp+ Per hr. If you played 30hrs a week you could buy one in probably 10-15 weeks which is fair if you don’t have the consistent time to list. Basically it comes down to if you wanna camp one via list you do all your time in one sitting otherwise it’ll be about 4x as long to farm the plat in spurts. Granted there are some people who can make 2k+ per hour played camping items and selling them and for these people buying a stone is more efficient than actually camping one.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

You're still calculating 60 hours time investment, when in fact you're asking for 200k. If someone could make 200k in 60 hours why would anyone be camping manastones to sell them? You yourself said this isn't reasonable (which is why 60 non afk hours is worth more).

Even if someone could consistently make 2k per hour for their 3 hours of daily play (again, no vacation, no helping guildies, no playing toons not using the manastone, no semi-afk camps because manastone isn't useful there), it would take 9 months for them to break even. Just in time for the usefulness of the manastone to go down in kunark.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
You're still calculating 60 hours time investment, when in fact you're asking for 200k. If someone could make 200k in 60 hours why would anyone be camping manastones to sell them? You yourself said this isn't reasonable (which is why 60 non afk hours is worth more).
Yes, 60 non-afk, consecutive hours is worth more than 60 hours afk, with breaks, etc.

No, I am not making the case people should camp manastone to sell it. I am making the case it would be worth it to a number of people to camp items/plat to buy it - but also made a side calculation of camping it could also be worth it to use it.

Quote:
Even if someone could consistently make 2k per hour for their 3 hours of daily play (again, no vacation, no helping guildies, no playing toons not using the manastone, no semi-afk camps because manastone isn't useful there), it would take 9 months for them to break even. Just in time for the usefulness of the manastone to go down in kunark.
The beauty of camping plat/items is you can take a break to go help guildies, take vacations, whatever. People don't have to camp plat/items every hour every day.

It would only take 100 hours of camping 2k/hour to make 200k. These 100 hours can be done at any pace you like. I doubt there would be zero other benefits in those 100 hours like there's no other benefits while camping The Manastone. Even assuming there were no benefits, by the next 500 active play hours you break even and gain time from then on. At the casual 3 hours/day you suggested, that's not 9 months, that's 5 1/2. Kunark comes out in 9. If someone is more hardcore and plays 6 hours/day they break even in under 3 months. These people are definitely Manastone buyers.

Just because Kunark releases doesn't mean The Manastone is now useless.
Quote:
  1. If you're a wiz, druid, necro, etc. you're probably soloing. Even with Kunark/Velious there are great zones to group/solo in classic
  2. Manastone currently usable in all available planes
  3. Druids/wiz can self port to classic to use Manastone whether it's Kunark or Velious. At 60 with Kunark and even Velious gear with much higher mana pools it becomes even more valuable to do this to get FM
Additional thought: Not only efficient, but fun

We talk about time saved via using The Manastone: efficiency. We haven't yet talked about enjoyment, which is the most important. This is a game after all.

I find it a LOT of fun to use The Manastone. It's almost like using cheat codes -- you can see why it was removed from game. From once you buy it, you no longer start immediately saving time, but it makes the caster experience that much more enjoyable.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Question: where are people making 1-2k consistently every hour? I ask this because the assumption is that if they only play 3 hours a day, then they are somehow getting a lucrative camp the SECOND they log on, and are able to consistently make that amount for every hour they play. Money camps are highly competitive. Seems unlikely someone would be able to find one with that high a return that quickly EVERY DAY, 7 day’s a week. This is unrealistic, so the calculations are quite far off as a result.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

If you're going for a pure plat camp in classic (or maybe porting?), 500-750pp/hour is much more reasonable expectation. I was just rolling with that dude's number for argument's sake. It's possible to make ~1.5k/hour at HGs if you get em at off hours.

I think where people can make more is on rare items/gems, but then you're rolling the dice. I got 8 pants before I got an SMR lol.

I will say this. If you're only making 500pp/hour, don't expect to get a manastone. For some people though, they can do 400 hours of camping over time, but can't do 60 straight. And for some of that sliver of the population, buying a manastone may be worth it.

The reality is The Manastone is out of the reach of most people -- most people just aren't actually in the market. They either don't have the capital, or camping the capital with the little time they have just isn't worth it.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Lol the extent this guy is going to to try and artificially inflate the current price of Manastones is absurd. He's written like a treatise on this shit all to try and get someone to give him 50k extra imaginary currency on an emulated server of a close to 21 year old game. Imagine all the more productive things he could've done in that time lol
Closed Thread