Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-11-2020, 11:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Return of the Teal Server?

Just thought I"d throw my idea out there for when characters are transferred off of Green server. I was thinking instead of transferring them to blue eventually which will add 13 years to our characters we worked so hard on, and then be mixed with characters that didn't go through the timeline correctly and implemented certain classic restrictions. I think the Blue server should just remain the test server, and Teal should be the Server we get to transfer our characters to after the recycle phase. At least the first 3 waves, then maybe eventually merge with blue? Anyway one last idea make Teal a Luclin server, have our characters transfered over to teal when timeline is met(blue as well) and have the server locked to Luclin.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Decaying Skeleton

Please tell us more about all your wonderful ideas
Old 02-15-2020, 08:47 AM
Orc

I know I'm likely in the minority here as well, but I sort of hope that Green doesn't merge into Blue as well.

I myself would love to see Luclin (and only Luclin) at some point, but really takproject already has that if truely want it and it has been made clear that Luclin will not happen here.

jacobar, there are also a lot of us that are readers more than writers, I myself typically don't create forum accounts unless I have to, and I know my join date is not accurate as I've had my account here for about 2 years now.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Who cares I’ll be rolling green 2.0
Old 02-15-2020, 09:09 AM
Orc

Those of us that don't have the time to dedicate to grinding from scratch on another server care. I would rather not see blue get all the extra items/coin eventually dumped into it from Green.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would rather not see blue get all the extra items/coin eventually dumped into it from Green.
I don't get this argument.

"I don't want to merge with Blue because I don't want to sell my gear to people on Blue"?

I mean honestly the decision to merge would most likely come down to population over anything else. If 500 people are on Blue, 500 want to stay on Green 1.0 and 1000 want to move on to Green 2.0 then there will just be keeping several underpopulated servers for years and makes more sense to merge.

If 100 are on Blue, 1500 want to stay on Green 1.0 and 500 want to move on, then merging Green1 and Blue doesn't benefit Green's population.