Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Default Shammy Epic - CoM Reports question

Hail fellow priests!

I've done the Spear of Fate quest line in full up to the CoM Reports -- I'm planning on gathering the pages as I level and turning them in multiple times until max faction (this seems to be the go-to strategy).

When I hand in the completed book, is there a trick to getting another empty book? Do I simply repeat the prompt line that got the wolf to hand me the original book? ('I will find how it all began.')

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Orc

Yup, just start the dialogue over again and you will get a new book. The Shaman epic is all faction based so you can do any of the turn ins over and over again until you have max faction. I did the tiny gem turn in myself which took about 3-4 hours total.

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic Utensil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, just start the dialogue over again and you will get a new book. The Shaman epic is all faction based so you can do any of the turn ins over and over again until you have max faction. I did the tiny gem turn in myself which took about 3-4 hours total.

Good luck!
So are some of the steps in the quest optional? I.e., can I do the tiny gem turn in multiple times and then skip steps in the middle?

If so, where does one have to pick up again? It reads like maybe the first mandatory step is getting the ground spawn in CoM temple, and going from there.

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Isnt the entire thing optional except final tear turn in / fight? Its all to build up max faction.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isnt the entire thing optional except final tear turn in / fight? Its all to build up max faction.
This is correct, you can do any of the steps as many times as it takes to get max faction. But you can't do later steps unless you have already got some faction so you can't just run to CoM and start turning in pages. Just buying a tear MQ without faction will be a huge waste too since the final turnin won't work.

Best is to do the quest up to black dire to get the boots which leads straight into reports anyway, at which point you can level in CoM while gathering pages. The shield of falsehood from the questline is nice as well.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetofspades [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best is to do the quest up to black dire to get the boots which leads straight into reports anyway, at which point you can level in CoM while gathering pages. The shield of falsehood from the questline is nice as well.
QFT
Old 12-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to do the quest legit on my lizard shaman. Unfortunately, after turning in my CoM pages I went to kill Lord Ghisok with a band of mighty adventurers down in the hole only to find out I didn't have enough faction and it was all for nothing. After that I just cheesed the reset of the epic doing pages. Unfortuante, I was hoping to do some of the fights. Someone told me it was because I was a lizard. Still, why could I do the entire quest up to that point?
Ouch!

So does max faction mean i need to be ally, or literally have the "Your faction cannot get any better" message?

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Orc

The final fight requires max ally faction. You have to keep doing the turn ins until it says 'so and so faction could not possibly get any better.' If you turn in too soon you will lose the child's tear and have to redo it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch!

So does max faction mean i need to be ally, or literally have the "Your faction cannot get any better" message?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the reply. Was pretty sure that was the case, but I am sometimes obtuse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic Utensil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The final fight requires max ally faction. You have to keep doing the turn ins until it says 'so and so faction could not possibly get any better.' If you turn in too soon you will lose the child's tear and have to redo it.
ally faction is new for velious, epic was kunark, pretty sure it only requires max warmly which is ally

but i wouldnt bet a tear on that
Closed Thread