Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Default New TZVZ box

How is it? List pro's and con's in bulleted format or get the fuck out of this thread.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Kobold

Pros:
Xp is easy
Decent population
Cons:
Tons of hacking (Mostly by Great White Buffalo, which includes insta camping, duping/recharging, and speed hacking).
HP/Mana regen sucks a huge dick
No gm's to bitch slap the hacking sacs of shit off the server, but who would want to baby sit? Can't blame em.
Decent amount of bugs, including drops sucking dick in planes.

Conclusion: Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything Secrets is doing and it's a very fun server... Until you start fighting someone and they golem wand you 2x, and then insta-camp 10 secs later. Ruins my immersion bros.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

It would not surprise me if people are hacking, but I haven't seen it (yet) and I've done a fair share of pvp.

So I wouldn't call it a MQ epidemic on the server.

60'ish people online single-IP is maybe just enough for pvp/competition, but 100+ would really be nice

PvE is definitely more challenging on this box than any VZTZ before it. Mostly because of the single IP limit, but also due to some small quirks to mechanics (agro). I think this is overall a good thing even though it has made me want to break my keyboard at times. The alternative would be a 2-box zerg force killing CT less than a week after the server is up, and subsequently whining for kunark / more content.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pros:
Xp is easy
Decent population
Cons:
Tons of hacking (Mostly by Great White Buffalo, which includes insta camping, duping/recharging, and speed hacking).
Is this great white person shinabaa and what's his username on the forums.

I would like to make friends with him and get free shit so I have incentive to play on a shit server.

Thanks,
Jaydee
Old 07-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

WTB Red99
Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

The server is fun but my major problem is the community. I've found lots of people who are cooperative and nice, but way more who are trigger happy and addicted to yellow text. I haven't noticed a lot of blatant cheating (some very suspicious things though, like people zoning into kith and finding me in the middle of the zone about 10 seconds later), but Great White Buffalo is nevertheless the most annoying group of loudmouths I've seen on any server. I'm not often in the same zone as them but you can almost always read their barely literate trashtalk in OOC, and they are CONSTANTLY getting spanked by other guilds so they can't even back up their trashtalk with any real results. I can't say whether they hack or not but they are really annoying and I'm tempted to just put all of their members on ignore.

Anyways, if I had any suggestions I'd say they should get rid of the yellow text. With coin-only loot the biggest incentive to grief right now is so that people can wave around their e-peens when they see yellow text in their favor. I'm not totally against griefing, sometimes even I have fun griefing and I rationalize it to myself by saying that it's out of revenge or that it's because the person is a jerk and deserves it, but the way some people just gank everyone they see even if there's no benefit to them (because the person's on a CR or whatever) is pathetic.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Kobold

I'm not playing because the population is simply too low [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Server needs newbies, and like 500 people on during primetime. Bleh my eq is dead

bluebie extraordinaire
Old 07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pros:
Xp is easy
Decent population
Cons:
HP/Mana regen sucks a huge dick
No gm's to bitch slap the hacking sacs of shit off the server, but who would want to baby sit? Can't blame em.
Decent amount of bugs, including drops sucking dick in planes.

Conclusion: Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything Secrets is doing and it's a very fun server... Until you start fighting someone and they golem wand you 2x, and then insta-camp 10 secs later. Ruins my immersion bros.

Pretty much all you need to know has been said by this man here bros.

GWB doing so much haxxing it even shames the notorious Bardalicious. The biggest problem at the moment is no GM / developer presence. I understand 2 people were getting on board but haven't heard anything else about it. The majority of the server works, but it's the attention to detail for things that fill the time between PVP that makes me sad atm. Such as tailoring and fletching and JC not working atm. As much as I do love me some chasing down GWB assholes every time i'm on, it's nice to take a bluebie break once in awhile too and mash some tradeskill buttons for a few hours.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Koota would fit right in.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurelyElf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not playing because the population is simply too low [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Server needs newbies, and like 500 people on during primetime. Bleh my eq is dead
100+ would be enough for classic

it's not too far off from that.

I think if the server stays up/stable and little bug fixes keep going in, population will rise gradually

I talk a ton of trash to the GWB guys but I have to ask: if they're hacking, then how am I killing them? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Either they are selectively choosing to die instead of pushing the Speedhackinstacamp button, or there's just a few of them who actively hack.
Closed Thread