Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

tense shoulders /shrug

Apologies if I misunderstood what was going on here. Have a good one.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None, that I'm aware of. The concern is more about when Green comes out someday, as it will have mana orbs and similar targets (along with, presumably, a significantly larger server population).

EDIT: Also +1 to Baler's idea, but since I thought most rotations were entered into voluntarily, I'm not clear on how they'd be staff enforced.
Lol Aftermath/forsaken locked down chardok during double exp bonus till the mob limit was changed we locked it down till the exp bounus was over

But of course you plebs know nothing about this sort of thing

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Last edited by Zekayy; 12-21-2017 at 10:52 PM..
Old 12-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it's not so much the behavior I was saying is classic, but admin trying to thwart such ingame activities, such as people camping items for too long. This is not classic.

I think perhaps you suffer a little from Rosy-Tinted-Glasses Syndrome when you reflect on the past and Everquest as many of us do.

I am pretty sure even back then when Velious was fresh, there were nerds capable of camping items for extreme periods of time and passing camps only to their friends.

The only way you avoid this is... Instances. And, THAT'S NOT CLASSIC either.
Creating community rules governing camps and engagements is classic, end of story. Doesn't matter if the particular rule was classicly present because the issue it adresses may not have been classicly present. P99 faces many non classic community challenges, and the rate of occurence of those challenges is also non classic. The wiki is non classic, and is a source of many challenges that didn't exist in classic simply because information was harder to come by.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Creating community rules governing camps and engagements is classic, end of story. Doesn't matter if the particular rule was classicly present because the issue it adresses may not have been classicly present. P99 faces many non classic community challenges, and the rate of occurence of those challenges is also non classic. The wiki is non classic, and is a source of many challenges that didn't exist in classic simply because information was harder to come by.
Ummm They had a website called allakhazam's magical realm which is still around today I remember using that website back in the day

Allakhazam.com was started in 1999 by Jeffrey Moyer as a simple guide to the game EverQuest on a free web hosting service. It quickly became known by the EverQuest player base for its extensive quest descriptions. Mr. Moyer then teamed up with programmer Andy Sharp, acquired the url allakhazam.com, and the site was expanded into a database format covering quests, items, mobs and other aspects of the game. By the year 2000, Allakhazam was the most popular site on the internet covering Everquest and was getting over 10 million page views a month.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Last edited by Zekayy; 12-21-2017 at 11:29 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PnP is classic.

P1999 is supposed to recreate the classic experience as closely as possible according to its stated intent.

Why its not enforced given the ease of enforcing (does not require coding, more resources than the current ruleset - likely substantially less) it raises some interesting questions IMO.

Ignorance of the situation whereby you state "just wait for the camp" doesn't help. You cannot wait for a camp when a person or guild is monopolizing things like Scout with autofire or hate golems with round the clock farming.

There is a reason some epic pieces are farmed and hoarded on alts to be sold for 500,000 pp. There is also a reason you often see the words "WTS loot rights" in EC or forum posts. Reason is not to do with people waiting a few hours to get their camp.

When you consider 500,000 pp would take a normal (non-neckbeard) a year or two of farming the suggestion the camps are available is ludicrous.
Last edited by Ikon; 12-22-2017 at 02:18 AM..
Closed Thread