Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:39 AM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plummgold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has there been any players in the past that have claimed to be wrongfully banned? Or does it seem like the bans have been accurate to this point?
There have been many. You can take that as the staff wrongfully banning people ... or you can take it as correctly-banned people not liking being banned, and saying anything they can that they think might help get them unbanned (eg. "but I'm innocent!!!").

Personally I lean towards the latter. I'm a big believer that you can predict peoples' behavior based on the incentives they have to act, and the staff have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to ban non-actual-RMTers.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:43 AM
JDFriend99 JDFriend99 is offline
Sarnak

JDFriend99's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In your house when your gone
Posts: 233
Default Who runs project 1999

Let's also not forgot who runs the server now that Rogean has handed of the mess.

Llandris runs it. So he can do whatever he wishes. Might wanna respect that idea and find it easier to play.

stating obvious, but seems people forget. So ill Dr. Phil the point so heads can hear it.

so exhausted of seeing comment about not fair, you cant do XX. Wrong charlie, they can do anything they wish.

Same as real world, both have consequences, ask around.
__________________
I hate cheaters, in and out of game.
I remember dropping coin, do you?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:45 AM
JDFriend99 JDFriend99 is offline
Sarnak

JDFriend99's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In your house when your gone
Posts: 233
Default

Loramin, as always friend, thanks for backing my winded view up.

Wish the server had 100 of you, im sure staff wouldn't have to work if so
__________________
I hate cheaters, in and out of game.
I remember dropping coin, do you?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Frug Frug is offline
Sarnak

Frug's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Suburbia Atlanta
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plummgold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has there been any players in the past that have claimed to be wrongfully banned? Or does it seem like the bans have been accurate to this point?
pretty much everyone that's been banned. As Loramin says, what that indicates we'll never know since it's done outside our visibility.
__________________
EQ Emulator population tracker - https://unixgeek.com/eqemu.html
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:21 PM
impact impact is offline
Aviak

impact's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Qeynos
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the best answer you can deduct from every blog or post involving any online game.

Is it your server?

If not then you have 0 say, regardless of how cool you feel you are.

If at any time a developer or GM of a server feels like doing anything, they can do just that.

If its your server you can make your own rules. When you log into another server, you follow theirs. Super simple.
You seem to not understand that even if someone makes a server, if they do shit that pisses everyone off, they have no user base, which makes their server pointless. The point being the users of a server have as much say as the server creators, if the server creators want to have a server.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-14-2019, 03:16 AM
Ennewi Ennewi is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to not understand that even if someone makes a server, if they do shit that pisses everyone off, they have no user base, which makes their server pointless. The point being the users of a server have as much say as the server creators, if the server creators want to have a server.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...177856&page=17

Quote:
Old 01-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Slathar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,653
Default
nilbog has stated that population doesnt matter to him and the project would move foreward regardless

bring back 8 level range, trak teeth, exp loss on pvp death and get rid of lns.
https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...ct_1999_exist/

Quote:
"Nilbog will keep trying to perfect a truly classic Everquest client as long as he's able to do so. Nilbog wouldn't care if the population dropped to 1 player. He started with no-one else and he'll keep going because it's just what he wants to do."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-14-2019, 07:57 AM
Frug Frug is offline
Sarnak

Frug's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Suburbia Atlanta
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to not understand that even if someone makes a server, if they do shit that pisses everyone off, they have no user base, which makes their server pointless. The point being the users of a server have as much say as the server creators, if the server creators want to have a server.
You're adorable.
__________________
EQ Emulator population tracker - https://unixgeek.com/eqemu.html
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:31 PM
bradsamma bradsamma is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have been many. You can take that as the staff wrongfully banning people ... or you can take it as correctly-banned people not liking being banned, and saying anything they can that they think might help get them unbanned (eg. "but I'm innocent!!!").

Personally I lean towards the latter. I'm a big believer that you can predict peoples' behavior based on the incentives they have to act, and the staff have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to ban non-actual-RMTers.
You're flat out wrong. I won't say how but the RMT'ers have been going through increasingly clever and devious ways of laundering their trades and more than a few innocent people were accidentally banned as a result.

The motivation the ban non-actual-RMTers is that it is easy to mistake the innocent for the guilty.

I highly doubt many if any people who were actually guilty were able to get their bans rescinded.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:09 PM
plummgold plummgold is offline
Large Rat


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8
Default

As a casual player that returned a few months ago, it’s shocking to me that this many people would be paying for items or plat on this server. I’m not saying they aren’t, as I don’t have nearly the knowledge of the player base as most people do. It’s just amazing to me that 100 accounts got banned when I see the server top at maybe 1500+? during prime times. I’m hoping that there are just a few bad eggs that created a ton of accounts or something.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:01 PM
insertname insertname is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 64
Default

The temptation to cheat is understandable, yet unacceptable to act on. Doing so shows how little they care for the community or any repercussions as long as their selfish want ( or perhaps pathological need) is met. That is if they are even aware of such ramifications to begin with.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.