Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 AM
Squire Squire is offline
Fire Giant

Squire's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 667
Talking Green99 pro strats and early game goals

Green 99 is coming. You won't have that precious fungi, no more running to the EC tunnels for buffs or to try to push bones and silk for crucial early cash. What are some early quests, techniques, strategies you do on a fresh EQ server? What are some early goals and gear you try to achieve? What is on your fresh start checklist? Share your strats, goals, tips, and tricks below!

For me first thing I like to run to quest NPCs who give you a bag, such as

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crush_the_Undead
https://wiki.project1999.com/Skeleton_Killing
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Cigar
https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Goblin_Beads
https://wiki.project1999.com/Air_Tight_Box_Quest

Until you can get some backpacks of your own
Last edited by Squire; 07-03-2019 at 02:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 AM
Tethler Tethler is offline
Fire Giant

Tethler's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 835
Default

My pro strat is to wait 2 months then start so I can level with buffs from the EC tunnel.
__________________
  • Tethler Tallwood - 57 Druid
  • Solinius Swiftshank - 55 Rogue
  • Kaisei - 53 Necro
  • Kamaohoru Kitsui - 52 Monk
  • Brobeard Manstache - 44 Cleric
  • Sickburn Needsaloe - 42 Mage
  • Gukaan - 41 Shadowknight
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 AM
aaezil aaezil is online now
Planar Protector


Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,279
Default

Eq is a journey not a destination.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx View Post
I tried my hand at rotating with the casuals.

It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2019, 02:27 AM
Widan Widan is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 452
Default

1-6 on mail quests
6-8 or 9 bone chips quest

Now you've got 30-40pp and can buy all spells and start killing mobs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2019, 04:56 AM
White_knight White_knight is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 501
Default

Pro strat: if you think you're getting a manastone and DE mask - you're not ....unless you plan to play 20 hrs a day and are part of the group that gets the camps on lock down.

10 practically homeless bald men will trade those camps between each other.

Sorry to be the logical rational response.
__________________
55 PAL
52 SHM
50 MNK


Paladin Solo Videos
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2019, 05:02 AM
Tethler Tethler is offline
Fire Giant

Tethler's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro strat: if you think you're getting a manastone and DE mask - you're not ....unless you plan to play 20 hrs a day and are part of the group that gets the camps on lock down.

10 practically homeless bald men will trade those camps between each other.

Sorry to be the logical rational response.
This. I wasn't actually planning to even roll a character on green, but my brother wants me to make a character with him. /sigh
__________________
  • Tethler Tallwood - 57 Druid
  • Solinius Swiftshank - 55 Rogue
  • Kaisei - 53 Necro
  • Kamaohoru Kitsui - 52 Monk
  • Brobeard Manstache - 44 Cleric
  • Sickburn Needsaloe - 42 Mage
  • Gukaan - 41 Shadowknight
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-2019, 05:28 AM
Quinas Quinas is offline
Sarnak

Quinas's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler
This. I wasn't actually planning to even roll a character on green, but my brother wants me to make a character with him. /sigh
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Quinok - 42 Shaman <Europa>
Celador Elysius - 57 Beguiler
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Osprey39 Osprey39 is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro strat: if you think you're getting a manastone and DE mask - you're not ....unless you plan to play 20 hrs a day and are part of the group that gets the camps on lock down.

10 practically homeless bald men will trade those camps between each other.

Sorry to be the logical rational response.
I just don't get the obsession people have with those 2 items. I mean at least the mana stone is useful for awhile but the mask? It's a pure vanity item. The fact that people will be camping those things around the clock does not compute to me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:16 AM
Legidias Legidias is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,309
Default

>Not making a mage coalition to bum rush content

Illusion mask is pimp item to use even way past velious for bragging rights on your DE monk.

Manastone has limited usability in old world only, and basically is just for wiz / druid
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:32 AM
joppykid joppykid is offline
Planar Protector

joppykid's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't get the obsession people have with those 2 items. I mean at least the mana stone is useful for awhile but the mask? It's a pure vanity item. The fact that people will be camping those things around the clock does not compute to me.
It allows you to go into some zones you would normally be KoS in (OT, Neriak to name a few) so it is more than just a vanity item.
__________________
Sloppay 60 Monk
Jopp 52 Rogue
Kodiakk Wintergreen 52 Druid Founder of Dial A Port
Joppay Poppay 49 Dwarf Paladin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.