Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-11-2022, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Lavastorm is the shit! I love that zone. Anyone who doesnt like it is a cucky halfelf or half something.

Not a pure blood darkelf who is superior in every way and enjoys the thundering sound of the gods clashing above the obsidian playground of my childhood.

Scerw you guys.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Lavastorm deserves a ZEM increase. Very underused zone, way better than Oasis.
Agreed. And the same goes for its higher level cousin, Skyfire Mountains.

It's a gigantic zone full of high level mobs to kill ... and the only reason anyone ever goes there is to get to/from Burning Woods/The Overthere/Veeshan's Peak (or for Talendor). It's a completely missed opportunity as a place for higher level characters to XP.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention the pants-shitting lavastorm explosion noise, which after 20 years I still always forget about and it scares the shit out of me every time
Omg I forgot about that! That, too!
Old 02-11-2022, 05:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lavastorm is shit! I love cucky halfelf.

Scerw you guys.
Fixed.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

you ruined qeynos hills youll not ruin lavastorm!
Old 02-11-2022, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg I forgot about that! That, too!
what? why is one of your 14 posts that?
Old 02-12-2022, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a gigantic zone full of high level mobs to kill ... and the only reason anyone ever goes there is to get to/from Burning Woods/The Overthere/Veeshan's Peak (or for Talendor). It's a completely missed opportunity as a place for higher level characters to XP.
People pretend dungeons are harder than travel zones to level. It felt true on live. It certainly isn’t here though. Travel zones are a pita to level in on p99. I’m not sure why.

Maybe mob density or pathing is different?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-12-2022, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People used to run G Wurm groups outside VP quite regularly. Especially torpor hungry shamans. Exp could be boosted I suppose but most people capable of doing gwurms with 3-6 people are probably 60 already.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People used to run G Wurm groups outside VP quite regularly. Especially torpor hungry shamans. Exp could be boosted I suppose but most people capable of doing gwurms with 3-6 people are probably 60 already.
Oh yeah, I forgot about gwurm farming. But still, 95+% of the zone sits ignored and unused by level 50-somethings, despite being full of mobs (ostensibly) for them.

Of course, classically it was never a super popular XP zone either, as the mobs there have more HP than (say) the neighboring BW giants... but even so, I do remember people on live leveling there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

I occasionally see necros fear kiting in skyfire. No groups though unless farming named cycle for epic mobs/spells.