Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Bumps. Night time necro spells activate.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man that's a good classic EQNecro post you dug up, excellent find.

Also please don't omit this:

Splurt should be landing on Cazic (I've heard some Necros tell me nothing lands on him, might need to be checked) ALSO Splurt does 1600 damage. It's missing its last and most powerful tick on this server (again according to other Necros and the Wiki), and has been bugged for a loooooooooong fucking time here.
Ya lvl 57-58 was a magic level for a lot of people. Bein' serious here.

I could even single pull seb up to the first tri-spawn with the bug at 58+ (this should be a buff across the board for single pulls).

Aside: Last ticket of splurt should be a whopper too 8). 1 cast should kill your average self buffed lvl 50ish caster if they don't dispel it.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Banned

Why didn't this guy just dispel the recourse

Quote:
There are a lot of creatures that necros cannot land taps on. No tapping, means no Lich, means no pacting, means no mana transfer. Even when we cannot land spells on the creature our group is fighting, we can still function in a support role (granted these are not the sexiest things necros do, but hey, it is a fact of life). If a necro finds himself in this situation and the group is allowing pets, just give the beads to a non-pet member of the group and have him / her recast the eye for you to tap.
Pras the wayback machine
Old 08-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

This spell is cast ANY time. Unless you have a date that displays a change, why are you discussing and linking forum posts? Next you will be citing posts from these forums.

From: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1626

Levant

Description
1: Evacuate target to safe point in zone
Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Mana: 500
Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 5
Recast Time: 10
Fizzle Time: 1.5
Range: 0
Time of Day: Any
Fizzle Adj: 25
Deletable: No
Interruptable: Yes
Target Type: Self
Spell Type: Beneficial
Category: Gate [Combat Portal]
Source:
Live 07/15
Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Linking current spell data to refute a classic change?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This spell is cast ANY time. Unless you have a date that displays a change, why are you discussing and linking forum posts? Next you will be citing posts from these forums.

From: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1626

Levant

Description
1: Evacuate target to safe point in zone
Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Mana: 500
Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 5
Recast Time: 10
Fizzle Time: 1.5
Range: 0
Time of Day: Any
Fizzle Adj: 25
Deletable: No
Interruptable: Yes
Target Type: Self
Spell Type: Beneficial
Category: Gate [Combat Portal]
Source:
Live 07/15
on live brah, we're talking classic
Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

thats my point. you want to bring up an "issue" without displaying when the change was made. So I would argue it was made the day after the spell was released, but all you have shown is the "day time" requirement from pre kunark. and some forum discussions from whoever. show me the patch notes
Old 08-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats my point. you want to bring up an "issue" without displaying when the change was made. So I would argue it was made the day after the spell was released, but all you have shown is the "day time" requirement from pre kunark. and some forum discussions from whoever. show me the patch notes
someone is salty,

read Dald's OP....tons of evidence that these spells had a 'night only' requirement

and lore wise this makes sense since necros are not teleporters like wiz/druid
Old 08-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not every change in EQ has a corresponding patch note. There is plenty of evidence of how the spell worked during the time period being discussed.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think you seem to understand how ClassicQuest works.

You find quotes, screenshots or websites that include information and either a date or archive period that indicate a discrepancy between how P99 works and how Classic worked.

Spell data was tough to find. Especially for mid-high 50's spells since many didn't get 55-60 until Velious. Lucy/Allakhazam spell data didn't exist until March of 2002 (Luclin). So trying to use that as evidence is only useful in saying "By atleast Luclin, this is how a spell should work"

In that regard, I will grant you that these 3 spells, BY LUCLIN, did not require night time to cast.

However for Kunark and Velious, they required night time.