Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Kobold

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Sirken, I guess the thing I don't understand is why you guys think "harassing" our GM's, annoying our playerbase, and seeking support for your non-existent server via the P99 Server Chat forum as opposed to in the PVP forum you were given or anywhere on the eqemu forums is a good idea.

I mean no disrespect of course, just sayin' this has been done before and I don't think you guys are going to get what you want using the same methods over and over again, but I wish you luck with your endeavor! If it doesn't work I would recommend finding someone who actually wants to make this happen for you without needing to be begged or bribed (Secrets?) and support/help them in anyway possible so that you can build a solid dev team and get your project off the ground, much like Nilbog has done here with P99! That model seems to work.
I agree with this kinda.

But us blues need to understand that the reds feel left out, lost and even neglected. Reds are ignored if they stay in their red forum. Reds are ignored if they post here. Reds are banned sometimes. It`s clear their posts are being read. They're desperate for ANY word from the devs. So desperate they come here, thinking they might have more of a chance of it being given. Because the blues get dev and GM answers occasionally. The reds do feel like they were given a forum just so this place could be rid of them.

And of course the blues would be given more attention and treated better. That's what p1999 team set out to do: make the best blue emu server ever. And they did it! The reds understand that their server is less important to the devs. They're not asking for equal amounts of attention. They would be happy with a single sentence.

"PvP server is in the works, but still the very, very early stages and people should not expect to see it anytime soon."

that would suffice. even if it has been canceled, being told would be preferable to being left 100% in the dark.

It really would be nice if someone could make a good pvp emu server from scratch instead of needing p1999 code. But it's not going to happen, and the reds do not have a home. VZTZ is never going to work, and I think that's because they are too pvp-oriented. Fast leveling and blah blah results in low population. If there are no pick up groups, I don't see a point in playing. The only hope I have of a good eq server is a p1999red.

idk lol

bluebie extraordinaire
Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

And at the end of the day? no dev response, the dream is gone, the child is gone.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Old 07-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red server players don't cry. Ever.

We are made of fire, brimstone, and Jack Daniels.
We might be able to be pals on R99.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure Rogean just created the forums to get the retards away - I do kind of find the red vs blue arguments funny. The retards from the pvp community got together with the retards from the blue community and host the forums special olympics.

Regardless, 70 or so people on the first day of a shitty box led by a gm with a reputation for shutting boxes down - I hope Rogean gets the motivation to do a pvp server, his legitness would have 150+ easily the first month.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And at the end of the day? no dev response, the dream is gone, the child is gone.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
god this is so epic, funny i have heard this so many times but never seen this video.

and today we got justin bieber and no red99...

end of days yall!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurelyElf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this kinda.

But us blues need to understand that the reds feel left out, lost and even neglected. Reds are ignored if they stay in their red forum. Reds are ignored if they post here. Reds are banned sometimes. It`s clear their posts are being read. They're desperate for ANY word from the devs. So desperate they come here, thinking they might have more of a chance of it being given. Because the blues get dev and GM answers occasionally. The reds do feel like they were given a forum just so this place could be rid of them.

And of course the blues would be given more attention and treated better. That's what p1999 team set out to do: make the best blue emu server ever. And they did it! The reds understand that their server is less important to the devs. They're not asking for equal amounts of attention. They would be happy with a single sentence.

"PvP server is in the works, but still the very, very early stages and people should not expect to see it anytime soon."

that would suffice. even if it has been canceled, being told would be preferable to being left 100% in the dark.

It really would be nice if someone could make a good pvp emu server from scratch instead of needing p1999 code. But it's not going to happen, and the reds do not have a home. VZTZ is never going to work, and I think that's because they are too pvp-oriented. Fast leveling and blah blah results in low population. If there are no pick up groups, I don't see a point in playing. The only hope I have of a good eq server is a p1999red.

idk lol
Wise Blue Bear is Wise. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure Rogean just created the forums to get the retards away - I do kind of find the red vs blue arguments funny. The retards from the pvp community got together with the retards from the blue community and host the forums special olympics.

Regardless, 70 or so people on the first day of a shitty box led by a gm with a reputation for shutting boxes down - I hope Rogean gets the motivation to do a pvp server, his legitness would have 150+ easily the first month.

Once the word got out that there's a truely classic, stable, and exploit free pvp eq server out there, you would see a steady increase.

Reading the blue folks post here is pretty funny. What are you so afraid of? No one if forcing you to engage is actual competition. You'll be safe. This is about people who get bored of farming gear all day simply to have the ability to farm better gear.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

Lol training, exploiting, cheating, and rampant retardery(I'm inventing words for you vztzjects) is not "competition"
Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol training, exploiting, cheating, and rampant retardery(I'm inventing words for you vztzjects) is not "competition"
I could not agree with this statement more. This is the reason why I haven't played on an emu pvp server as of yet, and that's the exact same reason why I'm behind a p99 red box.

True pvp is an incredible thing when done correctly. There will ALWAYS be jerkoffs that train/exploit/cheat etc.. but keep that to a minimum and you're good to go.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Kobold

pvp servers weren't all that popular back in the day. IIRC 2 servers out of a about 20 were pvp? I doubt there would be the numbers to make it worthwhile.
Closed Thread