Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Ramp seemed to easily set when we tested and appears to be working as intended.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:08 AM
Banned

ive been on velious beta the past few days but I'm going to test some raiding here soon, ill make sure its not too easy
Old 07-31-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From... Luclin-Current EQ, Rampage is one person who isn't the MT, and it goes based off initial aggro list.

PoP had AE Rampage added. In GoD they clarified the messaging and called AE Ramp "Wild Rampage".

Velious though... Rampage was very very weird. Lots of posts have conflicting information too.
iirc rez brought you back to low hp aggro on live so i think youre confusing that with rampage
Old 08-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i didnt say anything about it being classic. Just saying it would be more fun if it was harder.
I second the nomination for a separate challenge server where everything is roughly twice as hard.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't go exactly by this, but I've been watching and logging. Vindi will be a quite bit easier (Mainly HP and AC) next patch and statue will be quite a bit harder.
Are you sure they need adjusting? I've been watching multiple kills of each on beta and they seemed about right. I remember back in Luclin era doing them a lot and vindi always took at least 20-24 while we were fine with doing statue with 12-15. I can remember kiting vindi around to pull statue in order to do him first since he was easier. Given that this was during the era of aa and much better than Kunark gear, the current kills of vindi I've seen with mid 30s seems reasonable, perhaps even a bit too easy?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I second the nomination for a separate challenge server where everything is roughly twice as hard.
In everquest, harder just means it requires more people.

mobs with higher resists usually have lower hp. mobs u can slow hit harder and have more hp. If you want people to need 70+ people to do a raid that took 40 people in classic, all you have to do is increase the damage and the hp so u need more clerics, more tanks and more dps.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Sarnak

These two mobs seemed about right tonight when we killed both.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

I believe Alunova said Vindi was having HP and AC cut. Was this patched yet?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

These fights both seemed about right, though Tormax seemed a little rougher than I remember. He was hitting very fast. Back in the day we'd use the same ch timing on Tormax as we did on Vindi. Here that won't fly as his damage output is something like 30-50% higher.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

He definitely swings faster than anyone remembers.