Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Banned

no, the luclin era flurry drakes are still in, making those spots unsafe

PLEASE REMOVE
Old 08-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, the luclin era flurry drakes are still in, making those spots unsafe

PLEASE REMOVE
Whats wrong with the flurry drakes? learn to kill them all the information i've found shows that most of them should be in.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Eh I think they've shown enough information to suggest that the north section near duo/triplets should be a safe place for a raid to afk or have a CotH bot parked out.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats wrong with the flurry drakes? learn to kill them all the information i've found shows that most of them should be in.
the named ones, such as Quellod Earthspirit, Malteor Flamecaller, Zyerek Onyxblood, etc. didn't exist until after luclin launched, and these mobs roam through what are supposed to be safe spots to CotH to
Old 08-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has this been fixed to accurately reflect NToV during the corresponding era of Velious just after launch?
No, but giants are seeing less invisible things in kael. So you could say that's progress.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, but giants are seeing less invisible things in kael. So you could say that's progress.
You're absolutely right, and I appreciate the progress. I understand these issues take time to credibly diagnose, solve, and implement, though I believe an acknowledgment that they are inappropriately in game now and/or slated for fixing takes very little time and effort. It may even quell some of us nerds, helping us sleep better at night with the idea that order may soon be restored to ToV.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20030710...picID=64.topic

Thread from POM discussion board on how to get there and the safe spots.

Quote:
There is a huge SS right up the ramp from PoM zone now... Top of the ramp after you turn right down the hallway from PoM zone. (Do not take the left turn up the ramp... Leads to 3 dragons and they Hurt! Go Straight after the right turn.) You can see PoM castle from the Safe Spot.

We camp out 2 ppl here every night at least. A Mage and another caster bound at the zone. You then have a max of 4 mobs to fight to get to PoM zone if you want. Or you can go do dragons as this is a very central spot to start from.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Oh the SS by the PoM zone.. it's safe all the time and a nice huge area. I've parked there for the last 2 weeks and never had a problem. Even when the server reboots and the dragons are up. I've sat there talking to the guild for hours bymyself while waiting for raid time to get there.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Banned

judging by that screenshot, the aggro radius of dragons and trash mobs is waaay too high here

if you peek your head above the steps while aaryonar and his guards are up, you will immediately get aggro here

in regards to the safe spot by PoM they describe, there seems to be a) too many mobs up in that area on this server and b) aggro radius should be smaller

if you were to follow their instructions by killing two of the static mobs by PoM and try to hug the wall to avoid the other two, you would 100% aggro them on this server

they claim a minimum of 4 mobs must die to get to PoM from that spot, but on this server you would have to kill 6 mobs, not including the roaming flurry drakes(which shouldn't even be there)

i wonder if the named flurry drakes back in that era were contained to the ring around vulak and were static spawns? it seems odd that they would label them on the map if they had the roaming paths that they have here, where some of them roam around the entire ring and which named flurry drake spawns is random
Old 09-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

the roaming named drakes shouldn't be going up to the ramp, they wander around the ring area only

here's some examples from live:
http://eq.magelo.com/npc/96461
http://eq.magelo.com/npc/164077
http://eq.magelo.com/npc/19042
Old 09-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Aviak

any dev thoughts?
Closed Thread