Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno they didn't like ppl using the VP ledge. If they added non-classic roaming drakes to remove safe spots they might make a ruling on that ledge eventually, too.
They didn't like raids pulling Dragons up there I thought was the ruling? Not that you couldn't park a tracker up there. Because it negates the need for you to have to contest with trash mobs, though this was way back when we had absolutely 100% retarded invis and sneak pulling done.

I don't see that ledge as being much different from the bell towers in fear though. High up on Z Axis to avoid aggro. I'd guess the main difference being you can CotH in an FTEer who can eat a gate potion or TL box and intitated a pull.

If Nilbog and Rogean and Alunova find the evidence compelling enough to remove binding in ToV, I don't see this presenting a large issue at all though.

If they don't, I suppose Sirken and Rogean can make whatever ruling they want on it. But this is the bug forum, not the raid rules forum. Mechanically, as far as I can tell, that ledge shouldn't be in LoS aggro of anything and it is feasible to get up there using legitimate means during the classic era.
Last edited by Daldaen; 12-16-2015 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-17-2015, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Nilbog and Rogean and Alunova find the evidence compelling enough to remove binding in ToV, I don't see this presenting a large issue at all though.

If they don't, I suppose Sirken and Rogean can make whatever ruling they want on it. But this is the bug forum, not the raid rules forum.
Right. I just wanted to have some staff response of some sort, because there has yet to be any from what I can tell. These post-Velious/Luclin-era drakes are pretty straightforwardly not of this era. Considering all the other BS that is in contention for "is it classic or not," this should be one of the easier determinations to make.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:47 AM
Kobold

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011218.html
^ [December 18, 2001 patch notes] referencing upcoming patch to implement these non-classic mobs

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011228.html
^ [December 28, 2001 patch notes] patch 10 days later that implemented aforementioned non-classic mobs

NOTE: The Shadows of Luclin was released December 4, 2001.
NOTE: The Velious era came before The Shadows of Luclin era.
NOTE: We are currently in the Velious era.
Closed Thread