Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default Zlandicar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4SQtViIp00
  1. His AE stun isn't behaving classicly. View 2:18 in the video. You will see "Quadzilla staggers with intense pain" and he is slain by Zlandicar. He is the ONLY one who gets this message. It also happens to be the ONLY time this message is seen in his chat window throughout the fight

Quote:
    Stun Breath
    Stuns target for 12.0 (L1) seconds
    Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 900 (L1)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Classes: None
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Range to Target: 300 feet
    Area Effect Range: 200 feet
    Skill: Instantaneous
    Allowable Targets: NPC
    Resistance Check: Magic
    Spell Duration: Instant
    Area Effect Duration: 5.0 seconds
    Recast Delay: 12.0 seconds
    When you cast: You scream.
    When someone casts: Soandso screams.
    Spell cast on you: Your eardrums rupture.
    Spell cast on someone: Soandso staggers with intense pain.
    Allakhazam 2001 December Quote

Quote:
    Me abd my guild pimped Zland and we found some things useful. When fighting him have 2 MT (main tanks) because of his stun its hard for a warrior to hold aggro and having 2 helps. Also fight Zland in his lair... he gated on us 2 times and healed himself. Other than that have fun and get phat loots =P.

Numiar 57 cleric
    Circle of Legends <Bristlebane>
    These two pieces of information lead me to believe Stun Breath, though it is coded as an AE in the spell data, actually functioned as a single target proc/spell cast on the tank. (thus why warriors have a difficult time holding aggro)

So the spell is likely only single target and rather easy to resist at 255 MR due to it only being seen once. Currently that AE is the most damaging/challenging part of the Zlandicar fight. It shouldn't be. No fight guides mention an AE stun doing 900 DMG, they just mention tanks get stunned.

2. Zlandicar should cast Necromancer spells. See the above quote about Zlandicar gating (he currently doesn't cast any spells).

Also see 0:53 in the video, "Phack starts to retch", this is from Zlandicar casting Infectious Cloud.

Also see 2:41 in the video. "Madiniea's blood ignites", this is from Zlandicar casting a Necro DoT. You can visibly see Zlandicar stop meleeing to cast that DoT and then resume meleeing after the spell finishes.

3. AE Fear resists end up being max duration at 255 MR, and they shouldn't... they should be at best half-duration fears. I appear to have a 50/50 resist rate on the fears. Of the fears that stick half were short duration and half were max duration. I don't believe max duration fears should be happening at 255 MR at all, the cleric in the video gets feared for a max of 10 seconds and we don't know what his gear is at, based on the gear of his guildmates its safe to assume its decent but it doesn't look like they are all stacking MR to 255.

[Tue Jul 14 19:49:30 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!
    [Tue Jul 14 20:12:30 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!
    [Tue Jul 14 20:14:29 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!
    [Tue Jul 14 20:51:25 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!

[Tue Jul 14 19:26:40 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 19:27:00 2015] You are no longer afraid. (20sec)
    [Tue Jul 14 20:52:06 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 20:52:09 2015] You are no longer afraid. (3sec)
    [Tue Jul 14 20:54:02 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 20:54:04 2015] You are no longer afraid. (2sec)
    [Tue Jul 14 20:55:27 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 20:55:46 2015] You are no longer afraid. (19sec)

I do recognize this is a small sample size on my end, but watching my guildmates in the same fight, many people were having max duration fears from his room all the way to nearly the water fall. No one in the video is getting back into the rat area, let alone the waterfall off fear.

Also Fear was turning off walk, and putting you in a full run sprint until Fear ended. I seem to recall always turning on walk for fears to prevent much movement...
Old 07-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

The AE is a superb find; with all of those people there it's just impossible that all but one of them resisted. In contrast, when Zlandicar does his 'flesh begins to liquefy' they all get hit. If Rising Ascension was doing this raid on P1999, about 1/3 of them would have been stunned at any given point even with 255 MR.

I commented on the fear before but wasn't able to draw Lord Nilbog's attention, so I hope you have better luck! If I were to hazard a guess, I would suggest that fear has two checks: a flat out resist check, which is modified by its Lure status, and the duration, which is not. That would explain why all of them get hit by the fear, but usually only for a few seconds.

I'm quite happy to see Taken trying this stuff and you posting some of your results vs classic. In particular I think PCs should be resisting a lot more of everything at 255.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

That's my thought on 255 resists as well.

Sure, they CLEARLY have better Velious gear than we do in that video. But 255 is 255. It should resist at the same rate.

We are having way too many people get feared all the way from Zlandicar to damn near the waterfall. Which to me shows they are lasting way too long and they are running too fast/too efficiently. If you watch in that video each of his fears he takes a few seconds to turn around and run a path out of there. Plus he is also running slower than we are on P99 (no one had SoW, most had walk on to start)

The cleric guides on Zlandicar mention no CHs, only spam heals (because you need to switch targets due to the stun). Atleast that's my assumption on why.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

We tried Zlandi a few times last week as well, it didn't go well (We got him to 50-60% with 35-40ppl). We had bards in every group so everyone was rolling 255s and it was just non-stop full duration fears (even with walk you could almost get to the water).

The biggest issue was the 900 dmg stun breath (Your eardrums rupture.) hitting everyone regardless of where they stood to DPS, which I don't remember at all from live. Most of the guides and posts from the day only mention it being an issue for the tanks and Aggro issues because of it. Just going by the spell data on Allah though, it seems like it should be a Targeted AE on the tank with a 200 range (so if tank is at Zland's head, then everyone has to be 100 range from tank) - which is pretty big, especially since Zlandicar's hitbox is smaller than Classic so all the DPS have to be up on him basically - I think it's his hotbox being so small that is making it so DPS get hit by Stun Breath on the tank.

He just wasn't dying because the DPS were either full duration feared or stunned. He's definitely killable if you zerg it with enough people to get around the fears/stuns but he's supposed to be one of the easier dragons.

Quote:
The cleric guides on Zlandicar mention no CHs, only spam heals (because you need to switch targets due to the stun). Atleast that's my assumption on why.
Once he's slowed/crippled his damage on the tanks is a joke. But we had a hard time getting Malo/slow to stick even with Tash and OOS (not sure how hard he was to slow on live during Velious) - but once he was slowed it takes very little to keep the tanks up, no CH needed.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Last edited by Man0warr; 07-15-2015 at 11:28 AM..
Old 07-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm inclined to say that the stun breath was classicly not functioning properly as an AE. It looked like a proc/single target spell. It also looks quite rare as in that 3 minute fight they only see it firing once. You don't even see resist messages for the AE stun.

There is no way people are out ranging that 200' AE based on how stacked they are in that video. It must've just been broken as a single target for awhile.

You can also see that a level 60 cleric, with what I would imagine is decent resists (they likely aren't even 255 as he doesn't have a bard), gets feared 4 times for 4s, 8s, 4s, 4s. And there are people there who are not getting feared each time, likely bard groups.

Quote:
took 3 full groups against this thing, no one was kos, we hadn't killed enough rats yet, but now we all are kos to him. if you attack a rat by him he will aggro, but other than that if your non kos you can sit in his room and buff up and do CR there. We had 3 groups, 3 clerics, 2 chanters, shaman, tanks, pet classes. Basically 3 well balanced groups. It was over in about 1 minute. everyone dead, we had maybe taken off 10 to 15% of his hp. He only max hit for 315 and his 2 dots were deadly, but nothing that could have killed me that fast. I rechecked my logs from the fight and noticed it sayed "your eardrums begin to explode" a few times, he must have some other AE dd that was killing us as well. He also AE fears, but not often. I dunno how anyone can take this thing down. he was insanely hard, but I still dunno how he killed us so fast.
Quote:
The message you were getting about "Your eardrums explode" is from the multiple TRAPS that are all around his lair. They WILL do serious damage if not disarmed by a qualified Rogue. Web Pages have stated that once they are disarmed, they are out of commission for 30 seconds, but we found it to be a little longer than that. Maybe each trap has its own unique properties *shrug*
I will investigate to see if maybe the stun breath is allocated to him incorrectly and perhaps it's a proc from the traps instead?
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-15-2015 at 12:48 PM..
Old 07-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Bump - I ran around on live but I didn't find any stun traps. I still think the evidence is quite compelling to suggest that the AE stun either was single target or was broken and had its AE range set to 0, such that it only hit the tank. Because there is NO way everyone but the MT on that raid got hit by the AE Stun.

Also he should cast Necro spells and fear durations (specifically the early-break code) could use a little tweaking.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump - I ran around on live but I didn't find any stun traps. I still think the evidence is quite compelling to suggest that the AE stun either was single target or was broken and had its AE range set to 0, such that it only hit the tank. Because there is NO way everyone but the MT on that raid got hit by the AE Stun.

Also he should cast Necro spells and fear durations (specifically the early-break code) could use a little tweaking.
I totally agree with you, and I think you are correct. I do not remember anyone els then the tank getting hit by it back in 2001. In fact I remember we usually facerolled him with like 10-15 people and only half of us was level 60. Right now on the beta, hes way harder then intended.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/lilli...zlandicar.html

Later timeline mentions single target stun.

http://www.eqvintage.com/raid-strats/zlandicar/

EQ Mac Guide:
Stun Breath
Spell Type: Single Target
Damage: 900DD
Damage Type: Magic (0)
Side Effects: 12sec Stun
Last edited by evilkorn; 07-21-2015 at 04:33 PM..
Old 07-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent. Yea lets get that resolved so Zlandicar is less of a Zerg and is doable with a solid crew of 30 or so, as he should be.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Kobold

This was brought up awhile back, i'll post what I have concerning Zland
procing a 900dd stun on the MT and casting a AOE disease based spell. A good amount of dragons in Velious have proc attacks and zlandicar should be one of them.

source:http://thesteelwarrior.yuku.com/topi...r#.VbAUbPlVhBc
Quote:
Procs a melee DD?
Yes, 900DD + stun. MR to resist.

Slowable
Yes, not sure which debuffs are required but your shammy better crawl under his belly to land it.

Fear is easier to resist than others?
Hmmm I'd say yes, never been feared by him myself.

AoE?
Quote:
Re: Zlandicar... #3 [-]

Nov 15 02 10:38 AM
More
My Recent Posts
We have taken down Zlandicar with 17 people without a death, but the first time we tried him we had 38 people and failed. Our strat was good, but we just didn't have the DPS and had to fine tune our aggro control. He is slowable, but he is not easy to slow. Need Malo, OOS, Tash and some luck. He has a higher cap for blood aggro it seems. Do not fell below 2 bubbles of health or he will get you. His 900 point proc can be annoying with the flawed random number generator that all games seem to use and some fights he procs only a couple times, but he precessed on me on 5 successive hits once as well :\

If you can take out Trak with two groups then consider trying Zlandicar with 4 otherwise bring more zergs
Quote:
Re: Zlandicar... #7 [-]

Nov 16 02 8:30 AM
More
My Recent Posts
Don't think Zlandi dispells and it's definetly a 900dd proc like the first replier posted

Zlandicar Lvl: 75 Dragon Nec
HPs: 100k Hits: - 305
Resist: Magic
Ability: Rampage
Proc: Stun Breath
Cast: Pyrocrour, Devouring Darkness, Insidious Retrogression
Faction: -Zlandicar
-Chetari
+Ring of Scale
+Claws of Veeshan
Respawnzeit: ? Tage

Effects Used:
Putrefy Flesh
Rotting Flesh
Dragon Roar
Last edited by Method; 07-22-2015 at 06:21 PM..
Closed Thread