Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-11-2020, 09:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

HOLY shoot THIS SI WORKING ON MAC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just install python 3 and install all the requirements.

As I could never Gina working this is in fact amazing![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2020, 01:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesaberson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HOLY shoot THIS SI WORKING ON MAC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just install python 3 and install all the requirements.

As I could never Gina working this is in fact amazing![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now you'll never be lost again! Congrats, it is a game changer.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Banned

Mirox! I've been checking github for a release with the Profiles feature for ages. My poor fingers are tired of clicking arrows, Mirox! Think of the child-like users, Mirox!

NEC Banshee Aura's duration doesn't scale with level; it just show max duration.

I'm using a batch file to open nParse along with EQ. Is there a parameter I can pass to nParse.exe to have the Spells or Map (or both) window open without having to click the tray icon? Sometimes it opens what was open last but most times it doesn't.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am so close to a new release.
back on may 25th. hey mirox, how goes the project? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] super antsy here if you couldn't tell. sucks i can't contribute in any way, just a huge fan
Last edited by VII; 11-07-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Old 12-15-2020, 06:50 AM
Skeleton

I'm also curious how this is going. If anyone is privvy to how I can take the source and compile it into a mac .app, that'd be very helpful. I've tried numerous things, and I must be missing a step or some dependencies, because it fails every time using various avenues to create .app from python scripts. I'll admit I'm intermediate with this stuff at best, but I'm not a total newb. Really want to run nparse without Python also running. As well, I can't seem to get the current devbuilds to work even using python directly. the spell / map windows don't show up. would love to use the newer features that the current release lacks. But it does seem to have fallen into non-development [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2020, 12:24 AM
Kobold

I play on Ubuntu Linux. When I try to run nParse with python3 I get the error message: Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2020, 01:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sorry it took me so long. I just tried to reproduce the steps (on a new Mac) but can't get it to work. From memory here is at least the bit to get your started.

1. Install homebrew (optional but makes the rest easier)
https://brew.sh/

2. Install python3 and pip3
#brew install python3
#brew install pip3

3. CD into the folder containing the script from terminal
#cd /Users/dougjones/Downloads/nparse-0.5.1/
#python3 nparse.py

Now this is working on my 10.14 computer but not on my 10.15. I could be doing something wrong or it could be a dependency thats missing. If you run the script you can share you output here and we can take a look.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on Ubuntu Linux. When I try to run nParse with python3 I get the error message: Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ok scratch that. I got it working. I had to manually set the path to the log file. I love it! So nice to have the spell timers!
Old 03-13-2021, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default I'm determined to get NParse going on my Mac.

I just tried to install homebrew on my Macbook. I got the following error:

Error: wget: no bottle available!
You can try to install from source with:
brew install --build-from-source wget
Please note building from source is unsupported. You will encounter build
failures with some formulae. If you experience any issues please create pull
requests instead of asking for help on Homebrew's GitHub, Twitter or any other
official channels.

I went ahead and tried brew install --build-from-source wget and got this error instead:

Error: openssl@1.1: no bottle available!
You can try to install from source with:
brew install --build-from-source openssl@1.1

So I went ahead and copy-pasted that: brew install --build-from-source openssl@1.1

And nowwwww I think it's still trying. Any tips?
Old 03-15-2021, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

Is there a way I can fix incorrect spell timers? Speed of the shissar and pacify are outdated