Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
explain pls
bard can solo every mob in classic that can be mezzed

do tiny bit of dps -> outregen mob while keeping it mezzed -> repeat
Old 03-08-2020, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do this and respawns will be on you before kill the PHers and the pather. You can snare aggro kite and walk the mobs in circles once broken, your drum dots do 141dmg per tic, you won’t get hit this way. Most bards severely overestimate how much room is needed to do this. So the 3 PHers or frenzied is roughly 19050hp. The single pather is a lower lvl wizard with less than 3k hp, it’s quite easy to handle. At 141 dmg per tic(lvl 50 bard with MM drum) you can push out roughly 39,000hp in the 28minutes it takes for respawns, this excess gives you time to separate spawns, take pee breaks, accounts for the first 6 seconds of each fight all 3 dots aren’t up, also accounts for a few resists(you always want fufils/snare up if either resist sing again instead of one of the other dots). This also gives the more active player enough time to kill the cubby mob and two additional pathers in the room before frenzy if they want to. Breaking the room is the bards single hardest challenge but using lull and some creativity/skill it’s manageable as long as you don’t get a crit lull resist with all 3 up. Hope this helps some newer bards out there. Next time I do the camp I’ll make a video. Rule of thumb if you can land fufils, it is below lvl 45 and doesn’t cast or summon, a bard can easily kill it in a dungeon. Outdoor zone if it doesn’t cast or summon, mob is your bitch(think allizewsaur).

PS. this strategy can be used to easily solo nobles or bards/isa/boshinko in highkeep and you won’t even have to leave the room for stellar exp 46+.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I've never done anything but swarming on bard so I'm clueless. But can't you just charm a BT guard, suicide it on the two others, charm second BT guard, suicide, then have a single mob?

Snare and if charm breaks kite them around the center of the room?
Old 03-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mostly true. The only other factor is time and respawns. If you have a single target and nothing is going to interfere, you'll never lose. If you are up against the clock and respawns will overwhelm you, it's trickier.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never done anything but swarming on bard so I'm clueless. But can't you just charm a BT guard, suicide it on the two others, charm second BT guard, suicide, then have a single mob?

Snare and if charm breaks kite them around the center of the room?
Currently cannot charm a mob over level 37, once we get our new charm breaking and holding the camp becomes trivial.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

How is a bard going to deal with kor wizards? The hall pather and all the frenzy spots can pop kors. The self buff MR it's not uncommon for them to straight up resist mez/root/charm even tashed.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you can’t kill a kor.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you can’t kill a kor.
I get about 20% resist on kors with tash going. A bard is looking at 30% resists on fear, snare, mez.

Do explain how you deal with kor(S) -- that's plural, without RNGesus giving you a dirty sanchez before you curse out your first moonstone ring?

Edit: they also have a very fast casting stun. And a solo bard isn't going to have much in the way for magic resist. Their stuns land on me a bit less than half the time but i have something like 123 mr. I imagine they wlll be landing at least 75% of the time on a bard.
Last edited by DMN; 03-08-2020 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-08-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Well kor pops are engaged before they self buff, and yes if I go down to the camp and it’s fully spawned with Kor wizards(highly unlikely), I would walk away.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

If I wanted to farm classic dungeon loot I would roll a necro or enchanter. Not a bard, druid, mage, or shaman.

Unless I wanted to play with friends. I don't have either.

Then I would roll a cleric or druid.

So I am a necromancer with 85 charisma in Befallen on red99. And it is working out great, just dinged 17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] No need for twinking.
Closed Thread