Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feracitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would be the apropriate forum to petition with a video? is there a specific one, or just post it here?
petition/exploit. Include any information as well. It's best to have a short clip or have annotations in the video of what we need to watch. I can't watch through a 30 or 50 minute video without knowing where the issues are.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

I mean like, if its funny post it here too
Old 02-12-2020, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

https://obsproject.com/ --> video --> Petition Forum https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25
Old 02-13-2020, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still not sure why you need the video evidence?

Just query 2 users zone in times

Check who killed the last 5 mobs from the time of petition

Implement the play nice policy from there?
Because everything takes time and they're already overworked.

Make it faster and easier for them with video and screenshots.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean like, if its funny post it here too
LOL

He means if it’s funny or embarrassing, please.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

FYI they do follow up, as others have mentioned, but depending on their availability this may likely be well after the problem has resolved.

Word of advice - don’t wait around. Submit your petition if you feel you need to, but often you’ll find it’s better to just let karma take its course than to sit around contending with some idiot who could give a shit less whether they’re banned or not. Finding something else to do for a little while is more to your own benefit than theirs. Anyone who is willfully breaking rules like they is just gonna continue to shit all over your day and drag you down with them.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI they do follow up, as others have mentioned, but depending on their availability this may likely be well after the problem has resolved.

Word of advice - don’t wait around. Submit your petition if you feel you need to, but often you’ll find it’s better to just let karma take its course than to sit around contending with some idiot who could give a shit less whether they’re banned or not. Finding something else to do for a little while is more to your own benefit than theirs. Anyone who is willfully breaking rules like they is just gonna continue to shit all over your day and drag you down with them.

I'm afraid my personality wont entertain this course of action =P Fight to the death.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
petition/exploit. Include any information as well. It's best to have a short clip or have annotations in the video of what we need to watch. I can't watch through a 30 or 50 minute video without knowing where the issues are.
So information from actual log files with consistent time stamping isn't enough because people could fake them - (Consider that permaban thing for such attempts).

Now its become we have to be video experts and provide timed play by play because a long recording of constant bad behavior 30+ minutes is too much.

I mean damn to sit there and make any sort of petition with any attempt at real evidence is rather time consuming which could be better spent having fun on our characters. I fully support reporting people breaking the rules because its the only way we can try to correct their behavior or have them removed from the server.

I can speak from practical experience, because I have submitted things in many forms and doing video work is just added work. There is fact of getting a recording, then if its raw data, compressing it so that it doesn't take 2 days to upload, and now you want the players to spoon feed exact time clips and play by play. I mean by no means am I going to edit a video to provide play by play commentary such that it will then be claimed to be faked. Game logs provide consistent time stamping of all the mob / player / and text; this information should be good enough to get a picture of what's going on in general.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So information from actual log files with consistent time stamping isn't enough because people could fake them - (Consider that permaban thing for such attempts).

Now its become we have to be video experts and provide timed play by play because a long recording of constant bad behavior 30+ minutes is too much.

I mean damn to sit there and make any sort of petition with any attempt at real evidence is rather time consuming which could be better spent having fun on our characters. I fully support reporting people breaking the rules because its the only way we can try to correct their behavior or have them removed from the server.

I can speak from practical experience, because I have submitted things in many forms and doing video work is just added work. There is fact of getting a recording, then if its raw data, compressing it so that it doesn't take 2 days to upload, and now you want the players to spoon feed exact time clips and play by play. I mean by no means am I going to edit a video to provide play by play commentary such that it will then be claimed to be faked. Game logs provide consistent time stamping of all the mob / player / and text; this information should be good enough to get a picture of what's going on in general.
Text can be edited so logs are useless.

Record smaller clips from the original video and you dont even need to compress it if you use OBS. Then upload to youtube.

Staff don't have time to sit there through 30 minute videos. And if you can't be bothered to record smaller clips for your petition then why should they do it.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still not sure why you need the video evidence?

Just query 2 users zone in times

Check who killed the last 5 mobs from the time of petition

Implement the play nice policy from there?
Because that doesn't really tell you anything. Technically, they could've agreed to some sort of rotation or split. Or the person who was originally claiming the camp was AFK and therefore lost the camp and is now claiming the new person is KSing. Etc. etc.

You can't tell the whole situation from the info you listed, and so it would be totally unfair to met out discipline based on assumptions you drew from totally incomplete info.
Closed Thread