Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spy with my little eye, every mob in the dungeon coming at me.
One time, on Red, my necro friend summoned an Eye of Zomm with his Holgresh beads so he could click his Soul Well stick on it to regain HP. The level 1 Eye pet aggroed everything in a large radius around us...while we were on Poop Mountain in Seb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The raid was wiped and a lesson was learned.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Kobold

It was definitely in by the time PoP was around. I can't remember exactly when but I used it all the time and it wasn't KoS. As a matter of fact I sat in PoTactics one time and watched a raid kill Rallos Zek with it. That and bind sight gave me front row seats.

It seemed to last longer too. There was an upgrade I think called Eye of Talon too. Think it was a Kunark spell. Not sure if this was the difference or not or if the Eye of Zomm was changed somewhere down the line. Can't be for certain which spells I used and when, it was soo soo long ago.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:37 AM
Orc

On Green the eye is treated as a pet, so its useless as a scouting tool. Monks and others use eyes sometimes for pulling via Stalking Probes.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

You can pull while meditating! Also can be used to project a target for your AoEs.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Aviak

Is this what you're looking for? If so, its post-Luclin release.

FEBRUARY 13, 2002
- Eye of Zomm and Eye of Tallon are now non-KoS in a fashion similar to familiars.

-Erlick Bachman, President and CEO of Bachmanity
Old 04-22-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like we historic evidence the eye shall remain KoS on P99's timeline:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html

Move to resolved!
Old 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

Not exactly. That patch does not address how the eye functioned before they made it non-kos. I never said that it wasn’t kos to targets, what I meant to describe was that mobs definitely reacted to it at a far reduced aggro radius than the mob would to a player. Similar to how you might sneak past a mob after casting lull on it. That is 100% how the eye functioned initially. If you took the eye and moved it too close to a mob, it would then get 1 shotted. Initially, the aggro didn’t even transfer. I’m certain of it. I was like 12 years old and all I did was replay the same class over and over, deleting each toon when I got go lvl 16-20 and starting over with the same name and a corpse I looted with that name to transfer no drop items. Lol. Literally all I did was play low level mages and enchanters ����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️
Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not exactly. That patch does not address how the eye functioned before they made it non-kos. I never said that it wasn’t kos to targets, what I meant to describe was that mobs definitely reacted to it at a far reduced aggro radius than the mob would to a player. Similar to how you might sneak past a mob after casting lull on it. That is 100% how the eye functioned initially. If you took the eye and moved it too close to a mob, it would then get 1 shotted. Initially, the aggro didn’t even transfer. I’m certain of it. I was like 12 years old and all I did was replay the same class over and over, deleting each toon when I got go lvl 16-20 and starting over with the same name and a corpse I looted with that name to transfer no drop items. Lol. Literally all I did was play low level mages and enchanters ����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️
I dunno if I'm correct about this, but isn't a factor aggro radius for KOS based on level difference. For example, shouldn't a level 70 mob have a larger radius to a level 1 than it would a level 60, if both the level 1 and level 60 were KOS to the level 70 mob?

-Erlick Bachman, President and CEO of Bachmanity
Old 04-25-2020, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

I’ve heard that before, but I don’t know. Either way the eye did not attract aggro like it does. It’s a scouting tool, but somehow drags mobs into combat range that my toon doesn’t ( from the same distance )
Old 04-25-2020, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Eye is level 1. Its aggro range will be a lot larger than the aggro range of a higher level entity.

Level and aggro range has always been there in EQ. A good example that many people remember are the city guards. A level 5 iksar will aggro the (say) Felwithe guards from far away, while a high level iksar will need to get substantially closer to the guards to get into trouble.
Closed Thread