Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Default Barack Obama Undermines US Interests With Embrace of Criminals

Asia is up in arms over President Obama's recent visit to the site of one of only two atomic uses of force in global history.

Not even a century has passed since China and the US valiantly brought an end Japan's expansionist policies in Asia. We even have with us still a handful of soldiers from that era. Clearly it is too early to move on.

Most of Asia, still reeling from the atrocities inflicted by the Japanese, lags well behind their aggressor, muzzled only by the Imperialistic ambitions of the United States.

Obama's visit could be the start of something greater though. We might find Japan finally willing to apologize for real, enabling Korea and China to at long last set aside the bitter bone of resentment in moral validation.

Source
Old 05-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Banned

The political posts are getting super gay - Can't you homos condense all this spam into one super thread?
Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I am sorry Spyder, I am still an apprentice and need the practice. I am neither qualified nor experienced enough to fashion a super thread, but feel it remains vitally important that our community is delivered the most relevant news stories. I will try to broaden my offerings with more diversified subject matter though.

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The political posts are getting super gay - Can't you homos condense all this spam into one super thread?
Doesn't "Cockfight" violate server naming policy. Lol
Old 05-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Banned

Straight out of EQ lore my friend - Its a play on Cockatrice and the lore of The Over There - Young Cockfight was stolen away as a boy and sold to Iskar slavers in the The Over There. As a lad they trained him in the Bardic arts so he could shuffle folks to and from Sky Fire and Howling Stones back to the Outpost. As he grew in power, the slavers started to pit him against other charmers in the local Cockatrice Fights that the local farmers would bet on each night while drinking ale. His prowess in Cockfighting and Charming become so great that the locals started to refer to him only as Cockfight – thus the legend was born
Old 05-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asia is up in arms over President Obama's recent visit to the site of one of only two atomic uses of force in global history.

Not even a century has passed since China and the US valiantly brought an end Japan's expansionist policies in Asia. We even have with us still a handful of soldiers from that era. Clearly it is too early to move on.

Most of Asia, still reeling from the atrocities inflicted by the Japanese, lags well behind their aggressor, muzzled only by the Imperialistic ambitions of the United States.

Obama's visit could be the start of something greater though. We might find Japan finally willing to apologize for real, enabling Korea and China to at long last set aside the bitter bone of resentment in moral validation.

Source
Japan isnt going to apologize for anything. They are currently building a new nationalist movement there with China laying claim to man made islands and the bulk of the south china sea. They are slowly undoing their non-aggression clauses left over from their post ww2 constitution. I remember a year or two ago a big deal was made over Abe going to the war shrine. Im sure Japan isn't too happy about China's attempts to create an Asian Union with china at its head. If a manufactured conflict with China or N.Korea ever arises the Japanese will be the first line of defense.
Closed Thread