Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this is very depressing. Means being an iksar in velious doesn't mean what it should, and that being an iksar in kunark means more than it should [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire thing is depressing. If AC is truly broken is it even being looked at? That's kind of a big part of the game. Does anyone know if its being addressed or?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'm begining to think maybe AC hard caps are working okay and maybe mobs have much higher offensive skills than they should for their level?
Old 11-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Have we heard one way or the other if this is still an issue? I'm looking at gearing my Paladin and as of right now I was looking at high AC items. If AC is all wonky I might just look at stamina and HP items instead.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Kobold

60 pal here. I focus on hp and resists. Haven't seen any solid evidence that AC works right but I was away for 2 months.

HP and resists definitely work, though.

Really hope they get AC solid before Velious. Lots of nice pally gear that is good due to high AC....
Old 11-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

After reading this, wondering if I should regear my monk. I went top AC gear in most slots at the expense of stats.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

dunno ac makes a huge dif on my warrior
Old 11-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Ok I do not have time to read through the whole thread but I want to add that about a year ago I parsed fights on p99 with a mid level druid to as a basis on fixing ac on my private server. With different sets of gear I noticed significant reduction of average hits so I am certain that the ac code does work. If mobs at higher levels are not showing the same results the issue may be the atk rating on the high mobs are set too high. If this is the case then we would need a lot of parses at different levels to determine at which point mob atk rating needs to be scaled. I am not home so I couldn't read through the thread so if this wasn't the case i apologize.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

For what it's worth...

Over the years, I've heard this is an Emulator bug, not a P99 bug (correct me if I'm wrong but that's my guess is to why no devs have posted here in the 3 months it's been posted/replied on). I agree it needs to be looked at, but it's basically in a whole other ball park from the looks. After having experience playing a War / SK / Pal, I can agree that SK / Pally mitigation is garbage. lol

I've also heard AC works same way from P99 to EZ Server, once reaching around 5-6k AC is when it starts to work accurately (which isn't right obviously as we'll never see 5-6(ish)k AC on p99..I think? I never played back in '99 to know for sure).

I know this is not classic, nor do i have valid proof - but just relaying word of mouth from what I've heard about the subject after seeing this thread pop up again and again.

I would personally recommend any tank class to focus on STA / HP gear over AC if / until this can get fixed.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Last edited by Lostprophets; 11-22-2013 at 07:38 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned

ac works in pve for sure
wear ac gear and tank then switch it for resist gear and tank the same mob
u'll notice a biiig difference
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know 100% for sure it doesn't work in pvp, as i get hit just as hard on my warrior as i would on any other character. I probably have one of the highest AC warriors on red and I tend to get hit by high level mobs for their maximum damage pretty consistently as well. I'm assuming since this thread has no developer response that it hasn't been looked into but going off of the parses posted in this thread it's pretty obvious that it isn't working quite right.
In PvP you mitigate as if you were a mob (Don't ask me why it's set up that way.) So AC matters in PvP, but not as much as in PvE, which apparently isn't as much as it should.

It's something that's on my radar to fix (the PvP part). I noticed that when I was mucking around with defensive disciplines in PvP.