Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played eq exclusively and a rogue then too, from early 2000 til the end of GoD. I'll make a rogue and a different class on eqlive, goto dreadlands/seb/etc, and see if there's any difference in the ability of non-undead mobs to see them.
Don't forget to drop sneak - take an ENC along if you want to do some testing on both invis and IVU.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well level 1 brell rogues are used in the hole bc the elementals wont attack you when you are on Brell faction

and you have IVU with rogue hide/sneak so you can roam around undead area

I dont think lvl 1 rogues in the hole have anything to do with how effective or not their 'hide' was, it was all about dat faction, being able to be sneak by Golems ( dont know if they usually see hide or not ) and IVU
Right, Erati, but it had to be a Brell ROGUE, because you needed the faction AND the skills to get through the entire place.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Did anyone test these mobs that are supposed to see through classic Rogue sneak/hide?

Dragons (Vox and Nagafen)
Fire Giants
Scorn Banshees
Lichs
Loathing Lichs
Evil Eyes
Huge Elemental (Lower Guk)

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, Erati, but it had to be a Brell ROGUE, because you needed the faction AND the skills to get through the entire place.
/This Faction was important vs the summoned and live mobs, rogue /sneak hide vs the undeads
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 07-02-2016, 06:08 AM
Kobold

So is there any progress on this? rogue sneak seams to still be very messed up atm.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Sneak is probably fine, but there are some lingering allegations that the way rogue hide currently works isn't classic. For instance, some people swear that rogues should absolutely not be able to hide + sneak their way through the entirety of Old Sebilis - as it stands, literally every mob in the zone including Trakanon himself can't see you.

I'm not caught up on this thread, but as I understand it they made a big change to rogue hide mechanics awhile back, and gave certain NPCs a specific "See Rogue Hide" attribute. Before this, any mob with "See Invis" could see through rogue hide. Now, you can more or less count the different types of mobs that will see through rogue hide on one hand: Fire Giants, random Plane of Hate 1.0 mobs, VP dragons, ToV flurry drakes & bosses, and everything in Sleeper's Tomb.

TLDR; if anything is going to be changed, go do research. Find irrefutable proof for your case by sourcing your information back to Velious era live, and follow the bug report guidelines posted by Rogean and nilbog.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 07-02-2016 at 06:52 AM..