Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its crazy how many players discount the role the players make in making this project a success.

Obviously all the development improvements over the box emu version is the big draw but you don't get that same nostalgia feeling, which I'll argue is the reason most people play, on a box with 12 people.
A very good point.

I believe this to be one reason there hasn't been another server (green) opened. 2 servers with 500 pop each will die off much faster than 1 server with 1k pop.

On a site note, I appreciate the staff and what they do, but I do not feel beholden to the server like so many of you wackjobs. I learned a long time ago not to invest into something I have zero control over. So many of you invest into EQ/p99 like it's going to pay long term dividends. I just realized when I typed that last sentence that for many of you, my advice comes 20 years to late.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A very good point.

I believe this to be one reason there hasn't been another server (green) opened. 2 servers with 500 pop each will die off much faster than 1 server with 1k pop.

On a site note, I appreciate the staff and what they do, but I do not feel beholden to the server like so many of you wackjobs. I learned a long time ago not to invest into something I have zero control over. So many of you invest into EQ/p99 like it's going to pay long term dividends. I just realized when I typed that last sentence that for many of you, my advice comes 20 years to late.
Release a perfected green server and let it flourish. Wipe and delete Beta Blue. This is how it should work.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Green server would be no different of a population history then red. It would also be a much worse lawyer quest then blue.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, the convention here is to put the quote you're responding to above your response, not below. Not a biggie, just saying.

As for your conspiracy theory, I suppose it's possible that Rogean, Nilbog, and many others all volunteered huge amounts of their time for nearly a decade to setup some sort of RMT (or other) scheme. If that scheme actually existed it would no doubt earn hundreds of dollars (which would of course be very enticing to Rogean, an IT worker who puts in 80+ hour weeks and likely has a net worth several times that of you and I combined). It's also possible they figured out how to hide said scheme from Daybreak, despite entering into a legal agreement with them. While no one knows the details of that agreement, you can be certain it included a "you're not allowed to make money off our IP" clause.

It's also possible that Rogean and Nilbog, like most of us, really liked classic EverQuest ... perhaps even a little more than most of us, and wanted to make that experience available to old-timers and new folks alike. As a result, they invested huge amounts of time, even more time to recruit and manage folks to get them to invest even more time, and initially even some of their own money, to create a server where that's possible.

Take your pick.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, the convention here is to put the quote you're responding to above your response, not below. Not a biggie, just saying.

As for your conspiracy theory, I suppose it's possible that Rogean, Nilbog, and many others all volunteered huge amounts of their time for nearly a decade to setup some sort of RMT (or other) scheme. If that scheme actually existed it would no doubt earn hundreds of dollars (which would of course be very enticing to Rogean, an IT worker who puts in 80+ hour weeks and likely has a net worth several times that of you and I combined). It's also possible they figured out how to hide said scheme from Daybreak, despite entering into a legal agreement with them. While no one knows the details of that agreement, you can be certain it included a "you're not allowed to make money off our IP" clause.

It's also possible that Rogean and Nilbog, like most of us, really liked classic EverQuest ... perhaps even a little more than most of us, and wanted to make that experience available to old-timers and new folks alike. As a result, they invested huge amounts of time, even more time to recruit and manage folks to get them to invest even more time, and initially even some of their own money, to create a server where that's possible.

Take your pick.
The "where is the point in doing it, if not to make money off it" argument... by their own logic people making this argument are CLEARLY playing this game for RMT. As such, anyone making that argument should just be banned for RMT.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:44 PM
Kobold

No classic server will ever work out long term, EQ just isn't designed in a sustainable way. Unless they abandon their selective adherence to their "classic" delusion, there's no good reason to make another server. It would devolve in short order (shorter than the current one for sure). One would need to be willing to change the mechanics, otherwise at best you just delay the inevitable descent into its current state.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Banned

Look for all those who counted their "victory" too early

That's your problem around here
Old 12-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look for all those who counted their "victory" too early

That's your problem around here
They are kicking rocks now
Old 12-05-2018, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

I KNEW IT! Sirken is innocent!! ((Giving a tip on a spawn timer is basically nothing, gimme a break)).

I always beleeved in you magic elf!

Reinstate Sirken! ....And let him have his revenge on those who organized this coup!!!

Freedooom!
Old 12-05-2018, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewzer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Menden, my character Naethyn was given a temporary ban for posting an image in RNF, because I was told it implied staff favoritism. That image had a discord quote that did not include who said it. I was banned permanently after making a post in the petition forum asking how it could imply staff favoritism, unless it was a staff member who said it. I then articulated my opinion of a member of the server staff. I was not permanently banned until I made that private, GM only petition. If you review the petition you will find it not safe at all to post anything in the GM only petition forum, even if it does not include vulgarity. When players are banned in game for posting in the private GM only forums it is completely reasonable to expect them to go to a third party site to make this information public, and the server staff here should not be surprised when the only avenue available is met with instant banishment.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#freeNaethyn!!
Closed Thread