Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

I remember on live grouping with other races to learn new languages lol they would make like a paragraphe make a macro of it and click the button til you were max in that language.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This! I'm not sure what the rest of y'all are talking about, because languages are totally a real thing on P99 too.

The difference with Firiona Vie was that they removed the Common Tongue. Since we have that tongue, there's very little reason to learn languages here. It's pretty much entirely for fun: if you learn Gnoll you can read the Tesch Val Scrolls that drop from Splitpaw, for instance.

And also, I've done "language parties" here. I would do them while waiting for Shady Goblin or similar mobs to spawn, because you have a bunch of bored people sitting around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I meant required. However, I had no idea that learning a language would impact such things as scroll reading. That's a good thing, and gives a reason for learning the languages.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Petition to have everyone choose a random language and ONLY use that throughout their entire green career?

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference with Firiona Vie was that they removed the Common Tongue.
It wasn't removed. Only Humans, Barbarians, and Erudites knew it by default.

It was called "Human Tongue" and for a long time it was NOT the de facto language on the server.

I played an ERU/SHD named Antoin on FV. (I hated being called 'Sir' so I had everyone call me Captain. And they did. It was neat.)