Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Fresh Server?

Any word, or thoughts on P99 potentially opening up a fresh server at some point in time? Sorry if this has been asked multiple times or recently - haven't been around here in a while. My brother gave me a heads up on the new TLP server being released on the live servers and it has us both fiending for some EQ again. I'd prefer to play on a server like P99, but would take a fresh TLP server over the 7 year old current P99 server. Especially since my brother never played here... Thanks for any info anybody may be able to provide!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

They have been talking about it for what 5 years now? thats the news
Old 05-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Banned

has not been announced yet. will not happen until after the patch timeline is finished and fully polished. the most recent patch was stonebrunt iirc.

ignore any doomsayers who will troll about this topic.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Banned

I recall Nilbog mentioning a patch that would go in on the next server timeline correct. So I assume that a new server following the real classic timeline is in the cards hopefully.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete.Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 servers. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle

There will be announcements when those decisions are made.
you may pras me now, it okay.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Kobold

Daybreak will not allow p99 to create a new server. It's simply not going to happen.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak will not allow p99 to create a new server. It's simply not going to happen.
That's possibly also one of the reasons things have slowed down a lot. At the point of the discord announcement mgmt was peaking with frequent updates, plans, quakes etc. Sadly that has died down considerably with lack of interest in their part if daybreak is truly the lock and chain (or restrictions in place)
Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news
Old 05-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
This. Most folks have forgotten that as the server was moving up to Velious, the test server was to be used for a fresh custom Teams PvP server after its launch, which was highly anticipated by the staff and players alike. It was a topic covered over several of Sirken's streams.

Daybreak delayed the P1999 Velious launch due to their own classic server launch with a quiet 'agreement' and all talk of fresh servers and the Teams PvP server died with it, excluding some token 'maybe' and 'we would like to' rumors. What we have is all we'll get.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

OP you're just in time, we're about to launch the discord server <3

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread