Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Default Green Server and Wand of Allure

Wand of Allure has three charges on p1999 which is correct for where the server is on the timeline. However it originally had five charges. As you can see from the link below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020522...html?item=3670

Unfortunately I could find no information about when exactly it's charge capacity was reduced other than the below quote giving a rough estimate.

Quote:
Charges Reply... By: Ammene,
3 posts
Posted @ Sat, Sep 15th 11:03 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Think the charges must have been nerfed..

Got this today in PoF and it only had three charges when i looted it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

57th Master
On Cazic Thule Server
Member of Legacy of Darknes
Would be nice to see this on the green server and maybe someone else can track down the exact date of the nerf.

An ulterior motive for this thread is to see if the dev team is interested in implementing these sort of timeline specific changes to items. I know for instance there were many ToV items that were changed as time went on during the expansion. I am sure there are quite a few more cases like this for vanilla and kunark as well. I think more than a few would be interested in doing the legwork to get as close to classic progression as possible. Anyways thanks for reading and hopefully we can get an aye or nay.
Last edited by Pringles; 09-03-2018 at 09:01 PM..
Old 09-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

In regards to a date when this item was changed I would put my money on this patch where the planes were revamped.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010314.html

From the archived alla page there is a comment from February 28th indicating that it still had five charges at the time.
Quote:
Info on the Wand
#Feb 28 2001 at 10:38 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I was given one of these recently, the guy passed it to me as a gift, as it was given to him. Two charges were gone (out of 5) when I got it, and I was told he went from level 6 to level 10 in a VERY short period of time on those two charges. He said he charmed sand giants and had them do his bidding. I thought this would be a nice way to do some serious power leveling, but alas I found that Verant has inserted a message for those of us like myself who still want to believe that there just has to be some ways to powerlevel! At level 19, trying to use the wand of allure generates the message "You are not of sufficient level to use this item." OK, well, now I want to sell it. If I can't use it until I'm (maybe) twice my current level, well, I would rather have the money for it now. Only problem is, I can't seem to find out it's worth. All I know is a vendor actually offers me over 9 platinum for it. Anyone have any ideas?? (BTW, in case you don't know, Allure is, I believe, the third spell in the charm line for enchanters. Also, this wand is enchanter ONLY. There are several races that are allowed, but funny, several of those races can't be enchanters! Odd...
▲ Page top
RE: Info on the Wand

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20020522...html?item=3670