Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Default Berserker Strength Ward

Hello all,

Been leveling up and have been loving it. I am about 24 now in unrest and I crafted berserker strength. I like to keep it on the bars for a fairly cheap, ward which helps me when charm breaks.

What I want to know is this something that will always be this useful or does it get less useful as the game goes on? I find myself literally making sure this buff is up 100% of the time I can afford it.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

I would keep it up until level 49 when you get Berserker Spirit, which has a damage absorb of 200; a huge upgrade from Berserker Strength (50 damage absorb). Once you get to 58 you'll want to buy Bedlam (350 damage absorb) and use it all the time.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Aviak

So to be clear then, this should be a staple for most enchanters?
Old 12-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to be clear then, this should be a staple for most enchanters?
Yep.

Also, in the future, as long as Bedlam (or its lesser equivalents) is above your Rune spell, damage will eat through the reagent-free spell first, typically saving your Rune....which will remain on you for a long time (or until shit really hits the fan).
Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

My buddy that's an enchanter used this buff extensively! I know he was minimally using through 30's and 40's. Also, don't forget about your "rune" line of spells-- also great for damage absorption, albeit at the cost of a regeant (cat's eye agate, for instance).

Stuff like this will be quite valuable to you as ENC, particularly during charm breaks and/or if you're tasked with being the puller in a group. Damage that's absorbed = basically added to your total HP bar, a stat (HP) that ENC's don't have a surplus of.

Happy hunting!
Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Aviak

Yep.

Also, in the future, as long as Bedlam (or its lesser equivalents) is above your Rune spell, damage will eat through the reagent-free spell first, typically saving your Rune....which will remain on you for a long time (or until shit really hits the fan).

Above? Above how? Casted first?
Old 12-13-2018, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Above? Above how? Casted first?
Not necessarily..

Since these reagent-free "rune" buffs don't last that long, whereas the real Runes that cost reagents last a lot longer, I typically cast a junk buff on myself (like See Invisible) in the first slot, get all my other buffs up, then I click off See Invis so my first buff slot is empty, and finally cast BS (or Bedlam) on myself. This ensures that your reagent-free "rune" is always above your real Rune.

This works well against warrior mobs where you don't need to worry about being dispelled.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not necessarily..

Since these reagent-free "rune" buffs don't last that long, whereas the real Runes that cost reagents last a lot longer, I typically cast a junk buff on myself (like See Invisible) in the first slot, get all my other buffs up, then I click off See Invis so my first buff slot is empty, and finally cast BS (or Bedlam) on myself. This ensures that your reagent-free "rune" is always above your real Rune.

This works well against warrior mobs where you don't need to worry about being dispelled.
This is awesome information! Thank you for the thorough explanation
Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is awesome information! Thank you for the thorough explanation
Glad I could help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Just to add slightly to the already helpful info from snyder: I specifically use the low level chanter str buff as a junk buff because the berserker's strength line will overwrite it. This allows you to keep something like see invis up (in case you need it, or in case you want it as another junk), while still managing where the reagent-free rune goes in your buff bar.

It's also helpful for improved move speed during all the times I'm not actively engaged cause my str is garbage on my chanter and I'm almost always encumbered (or very near to it) :P
Closed Thread