Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao
Just because you laugh doesn't make it true.

The Democrats are easily the most racist and sexist political party in the world. They're absolutely open about it too.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Democrats are easily the most racist and sexist political party in the world. They're absolutely open about it too.
Democrats have made women and minorities their brand but that doesn't make them racist or sexist.

I do admit though if I were a straight white man I wouldn't feel very comfortable identifying as a Democrat right now because it doesn't feel like they want to represent me.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

People call the Republican party and conservatives bigots because

1) Up until a few years ago it was a heartily supported part of the platform to oppose gay marriage.

2) They currently are acting like Immigration is big part of their economic woes...despite that most of this was due to international trade contracts and shitty labor laws in the U.S....not Mexicans and Asians comming here (who actually are more upwardly mobile than white people). There is a lot of misdirected anger at immigrants that should be directed toward legislators.

3) Most the time you talk to intelligent sounding conservatives on an anonymous forum or something like that -- they start rattling on about the genetic and/or cultural superiority of "whites."

4) Conservatives inherently defend the way things are...most things in this country are they were they are because they were set up that way by self-interested wealthy white men. So in general, they are defending a system that has been historically racist and could not possibly be understood historically without considering race.

This makes it common for them to knee jerk defend racist systems without even thinking about it. They always act like a victim for this rather than admitting they should have actually thought about the issue a bit before reinforcing the way things are because they just happen to be that way.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2018, 02:03 PM
Banned

Old 10-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Banned

I'm a sovcit. Everyone is fair game. FFA is the only deathmatch I want to play anymore.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Democrats have made women and minorities their brand but that doesn't make them racist or sexist.

I do admit though if I were a straight white man I wouldn't feel very comfortable identifying as a Democrat right now because it doesn't feel like they want to represent me.
I don't know, when they have a DNC Chair candidate stand up in front of a crowd and say this, all while getting cheers, I'd say they're pretty openly racist.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you're just shifting the blame and ignoring what I said.

Looks like you get a white noise picture too
Old 10-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People call the Republican party and conservatives bigots because

1) Up until a few years ago it was a heartily supported part of the platform to oppose gay marriage.

2) They currently are acting like Immigration is big part of their economic woes...despite that most of this was due to international trade contracts and shitty labor laws in the U.S....not Mexicans and Asians comming here (who actually are more upwardly mobile than white people). There is a lot of misdirected anger at immigrants that should be directed toward legislators.

3) Most the time you talk to intelligent sounding conservatives on an anonymous forum or something like that -- they start rattling on about the genetic and/or cultural superiority of "whites."

4) Conservatives inherently defend the way things are...most things in this country are they were they are because they were set up that way by self-interested wealthy white men. So in general, they are defending a system that has been historically racist and could not possibly be understood historically without considering race.

This makes it common for them to knee jerk defend racist systems without even thinking about it. They always act like a victim for this rather than admitting they should have actually thought about the issue a bit before reinforcing the way things are because they just happen to be that way.
So old policies, anecdotes, confirmation bias, and the fact that you yourself are racist is why you consider the Republicans to be racist?

Weird. Seems legit.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

liberals aren't hateful about their racism like conservatives are (when they are racist). liberals are generally compassionately soft bigoted in the form of lower expectations on the issue of race. given the disadvantages face by some groups that may be warranted. not going to cast judgement on the motivation, but I think by embracing that sort of mindset you cripple the populations you are trying to help.

the major difference between the average liberal and average conservative is that comservatives are more likely to invoke stereotypes out of plain ignorance and general lack of exposure whereas liberals are inclined to make light of stereotypes in misguided efforts to make minorities feel a part of the team. this fosters resentment on behalf of minorities who are often genuinely insulted even if they choose not to express it.