Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Old 12-21-2022, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, saw the updated cracktusk for the first time. Confirmed he now spawns and makes a b-line for the nearest player. I was sitting on a safe hill and I saw him in the distance and realized he was coming right for me. I had to zone but I got a good laugh.
lol

Man, I need to visit SK sometime

My monk needs a Levi cloak still...
Old 12-26-2022, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, saw the updated cracktusk for the first time. Confirmed he now spawns and makes a b-line for the nearest player. I was sitting on a safe hill and I saw him in the distance and realized he was coming right for me. I had to zone but I got a good laugh.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2023, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

He exists. Ran into him recently. Or so the story goes.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Something odd about the 'devs' story there claiming Allizewsaur being killable by a group of players while also claiming that although portal spells were in the game nobody was high enough level to use the spells.

I think they should just come clean that they clearly placed the giant lizard there to grief the player base for their own entertainment. #classic.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://web.archive.org/web/20000609.../norrath05.jpg

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started when the game first came out.. I remember when i was a troll warrior and me and my group got outta the swamp to sro. We spent an hours just exploring the grass part. Then we came to the desert part and were afraid to walk in the desert because we heard a rumor their was quicksand. I volunteerd to go first and it took me 2hours to cross it and my heart was pounding. When i got to oasis and saw crocs and SGs i was so scared but i made it to nro. Noone had ever seen a troll before and people actually thought i was some monster and tried to attack me damn those were the days. I still remember my first run from qeynos to freeport with my ranger. It was such an adventure going through the karana's and highpass. When it got dark and i couldn't see at all because there used to be a bug where you couldn't change the brightness. When i got to freeport i talked about my grand adventure with my friends.
I remember when you could tell if wisps had lightstones or not on them and i used to spend days on kerra island hunting wisps and filled countless backpacks full of them then i traveled to the other side of the world and sell them for 10pp a piece for GLS's. I remember when i had banded and 2combine longswords and people thought i was a god. People were so much more friendly back then and always helped and the GMs always helped everyone and won't power tripping asses like they are now. I remember when people said there were pirates and when i took a boat i was all scared and made a group on the boat incase pirates attacked. My first time in befallen was one of the most fun things. When i had my monk and grouped in befallen i was really curious and wanted to see what was down the well i jumped down and got swarmed on. I lost my corpse but i had a fun time. I still remmeber my first raid on lockjaw there was an army of level 14s and 15s attacking him lotsa of us died but we finally took him down and my monk got the LJ tunic. I thought i was a god. Other good memories i have are when my warrior first got his last name and a gm came and congratulated me and announced it to the whole server or when i first got crafted i got like 500tells that day people telling me congrats and asking how i got it. Then the big debate on how easy it was for warriors to get uber armor.. That was back when we didn't even have critical hits stuns and half as many hps and all that other stuff warriors got now. It makes me sad to think how great this game once was and how greed has made a once great game of adventure and roll playing turn into a game about phat lewt uber guilds and who is camping what.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something odd about the 'devs' story there claiming Allizewsaur being killable by a group of players while also claiming that although portal spells were in the game nobody was high enough level to use the spells.

I think they should just come clean that they clearly placed the giant lizard there to grief the player base for their own entertainment. #classic.
They just came across as arseholes to be honest.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-05-2023, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Approx how fast? Differing accounts claim that it ran at, near, or possibly greater than SoW speed.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This was a great read! Thanks for posting
Old 01-13-2023, 06:13 AM
Banned

It's sad how much crazy stuff happened in the early days that has been lost to time since there was no Twitch or YouTube back then. I saw a dev talking about Cracktusk on YouTube a while back:

(Kind of a long watch, but it's nice background noise to listen to while you're grinding).

He also said there was a random trash mob in PoF that dropped Cazic Thule loot, but it was placed in an area where most people would never find it.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He also said there was a random trash mob in PoF that dropped Cazic Thule loot, but it was placed in an area where most people would never find it.
It is worth considering he is a guest on the show to provide entertainment. He's telling stories, and good storytelling includes embellishment and even fabrication. Even if he is attempting to be an entirely candid narrator he may misremember some details.

While a promising source, I'd take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung