Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, "conceding" doesn't work in a 3+ guild environment. A/A can just concede the next 2-4 of whatever when they screw up because the other guild will accept that with 99.9% certainty they will be killing said mob on the next 2-4 cycles. If Awakened concedes Feshlak, what the fuck does that do for CSG? Tell me the odds of CSG killing even one of the next 2-4 Feshlaks that Aftermath know Awakened has conceded.
No, thats right, I thought so.
I'm not sure what exactly you're wanting in return. Should they give you mobs not relevant to the one in question in turn for wronging you? Are you expecting an entirely different guild to concede it to you as well?

It seems that in this situation you've set it to up to be an unwinnable situation for negotiation. You don't accept concessions because the other guild will kill it because "3 way environment" - but there is no other way forward other than concessions in attempts to work things out with other guilds.

Are you wanting both Aftermath, and Awakened to concede targets to you if one guild does something wrong? What exactly are you wanting as an outcome/solution?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think CSG (now being Europa and Omni) will get much out of this 30 day ban, and I am okay with that - I also think 30 day is a bit harsh really. But I have learned long ago that dialogue with A/A leadership leads to nothing, so if they can't even leave us alone to kill a mob they have already conceded because of breaking the rules, then yeah, ban is in order. The reason for 30 days? I imagnie uncountable number of bans in the past cpl of years, things add up - stop getting in situations where bans are possible?

We never ask for any guild to be banned, we always ask to be left alone when we once in a while target a mob. This was one of those times, and this time we got rolled over by a guild who doesn't care, because they had to kill a mob they also don't really care for after having killed hundreds of times, because of some desire to "win" over another guild who has also killed it hundreds of times.....that was a 90 minute waste of 50-60 peoples time - the number of man hours there is staggering.

Call them wellfare pixels, call it an investment, call it whatever you want - let the casaul guilds on P99 see some content without having to play like you do, and I am sure you will only get each other banned going forward.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep the offending guild reached out and made a deal.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is going fast.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Q3: If we feel our own guild/party has violated a rule, what actions should we take?
A: If you screw up, then you should concede the mob you screwed up on.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasted more than 90 minutes of your own time trying to split triples the other day that no one interfered with.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Orc

Quote:
Its not that we "can't" compete - its that we won't, especially in the current envronment. We just want to be left alone killing a cpl of targets from time to time in a casual EQ setting.
And you should know that its not about 150 warm bodies, its about 10 people willing to dedicate a lot more time to the game than what we can expect across a couple of casual guilds.
Why is your team special?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont expect you understand how things work. Guilds do not offer things until they are told 'we are going to petition this', its not the other way around.
Sounds like you are saying extortion on P99 is the normal response? Raid scene totally Normal and Cool
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is, what more can we be done when:

A. Concede all mobs that we messed up on
B. Do not know CSG elevated the issue to petition
C. Do not control the will of the other guilds competing for Eashen
D. Am not allowed to then pull Eashen ( a mob we conceded ) to help 'make up' for potentially costing them a kill.
E. Am not allowed to then DPS Eashen ( a mob we conceded ) to help 'make up' for potentially costing them a kill.
F. If we offer 2 Feshlak and 2 Eashen, as Culk says, AM will simply kill them how does that help CSG

So nice attempt Endonde :P
But you could offer to do something joint with CSG in the future and give them a loot or two. There's stuff that's rotated that can be guaranteed. Conceding is like the least you can do especially when training an engaged guild can cost them the mob.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You are right. After the train, Awakened couldn't do much - damage already done, a lot of our casual people wasted 90 minutes of their time, and Awakened doesn't really have anything to offer to recompense that - they don't "own" any content they could give us, and as Eratani says they are not allowed to help us with Eashen.
Lol "wasted 90 minutes of your time." When Awakened or Aftermath is the only guild in PoF we clear golems, draco, and CT in like 30-45 minutes. When CSG is in there it's a god damn nightmare, wipes on wipes, golems running around DTing people, mobs brought into summoning range aggroing everything it's a complete joke. I didn't know we could go to some time bank for justice.

Also one wipe to Eashen caused you to be delayed 90 minutes?!