Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

Default Talk me out of playing Classic WoW

I'm deciding between the two, and definitely only have the patience for one of them. Pre-Planes EQ is my favorite game of all time, however I did Blue99 from year one until just a few years ago, while WoW classic would be new to me.

Help me decide on Green99 please, if you genuinely believe WoW to be severely flawed! My current thinking is that WoW Classic is still heading towards the garbage I know the game becomes, I don't know how long WoW stayed good after launch though.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Wow classic is fantastic. I’d recommend it even more so because you haven’t played it.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

They’re both good games. New WoW is significantly better than new EQ. Classic EQ is legendary though and there will never be a better time to experience it again than on Green.

You could probably get a level 60 on WoW before Green lauches if you start right now.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:25 PM
Orc

WoW Classic is truly the best of all versions of wow, arguably next to Wrath expansion.

Green will be cool, but still no PVP, and the PVP we have (due to mechanics) ends up being a fight of resists and jousting.

I love EQ, but PVP in this game is lame AF, everything else is top notch here.

Sorta hate the random timers on world bosses though, makes a real life hard to attain for a game of leisure...
Old 09-24-2019, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

I thought I could get into WoW classic, had never played any warcraft game since WC3 bnet days.

It's just everquest with all the good (most complained about) parts removed. Couldn't do it. Quit in 2 weeks.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I could get into WoW classic, had never played any warcraft game since WC3 bnet days.

It's just everquest with all the good (most complained about) parts removed. Couldn't do it. Quit in 2 weeks.
To be fair, thats like playing p99 and quitting at lvl 10, you won't get anything out of it, but /respect none the less.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Orc

even classic wow sucks. it's too easy and ripped off eq anyway. eq is better high fantasy, and eq requires actual strategy and sacrifice so you become truly invested. try classic wow for a bit and you'll come back. you know. that's why you made this post. you're welcome.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Orc

I was playing vanilla wow private servers for bit and those are much closer to the EQ experience. I tried classic wow and it was far easier than private servers plus layering makes it simple to join multiple versions of the same zone to collect supposedly rare materials and boss loot.

However PvP is done a lot better than anything EQ has, especially once they enable the honor system. The only downside to it is people already have access raid gear quite easily so be ready to get stomped for a while.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

WoW is a great game. If you've never played it, i would play live instead of classic. Most of their quality of life changes are good (versus everquest). You'll experience the content faster, all the low level quests are much better than they are on classic.

If you really want traditional D&D high fantasy, mostly want to play in groups, get to know people, make friends, don't mind sitting at the same camp for long periods of time, and just experience the nostalgia of everquest, then play green. The people that are playing everquest are a different breed than the ones playing wow. That's for sure. (Yes there is some overlap. Many people here are playing both. Wow Classic is something to do between spawns on everquest. Gems 2.0)
Old 09-24-2019, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Go play or dont play. Either way you probably wont be playing by 2020