Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 AM
Large Bat

Default Sleeper Idea

For the Green server upon veli release.

1.) Upon first day of veli release give 1 or 2 month transfer to blue option for all accounts.

2.) After time limit has elapsed close transfer option. All transferred accounts and pixels are safe.

3.) If sleeper is awoke at any point from veli release (even within the transfer option window ) it is considered a player controlled server wipe / reset, all pixels and characters are wiped. Green server starts over.

Is it not lore that if the sleeper is awoke it destroys the world?

This might detract some guilds from waking the sleeper....although it might have the opposite effect and make them wake it immediately.

Thoughts?
Yes or no and why.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

That's actually a cool and funny idea. They'll never do it, but I liked it ;D

Pixels of course arent safe in any case though.. Green will start again so the Blue server is as much a trophy storage server as it is a beta or test server. I mean whats the difference between a deleted character and one you'll never play, touch, or use again?
Old 02-27-2020, 09:10 AM
Large Bat

I just though of something else to add to my idea.

Make sleeper's tomb PVP enabled so that anti-waker groups can engage/fight waker groups to save the world.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make sleeper's tomb PVP enabled so that anti-waker groups can engage/fight waker groups to save the world.
I highly approve of this.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ha, this would be fucking sweet lol.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Ya. giving a bunch of man-toddlers the chance to deny people loot permanently just isn't good enough. They should be able to nuke everyone's characters, too.

Great idea.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

This might detract some guilds from waking the sleeper....although it might have the opposite effect and make them wake it immediately.

Thoughts?
Yes or no and why.
The great Baruch Spinoza once wrote that some urges are so primal that they cannot be held in check. Specifically, in his Principia Philosophiae Cartesianae he posits:

Quote:
How can a man possibly resist the diabolical urge to press the button that could erase his very existence? Will his tortured mind give in to his uncontrollable desires? Can he withstand the temptation to push the button that even now beckons him ever closer? Will he succumb to the maddening urge to eradicate history? At the mere push of a single button? The beautiful shiny button? The jolly, candy-like button? Will he hold out? Can he hold out??
The answer to these last two questions of course is a resounding no.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Been discussed before. Best idea here:

Every time the 4 warders are killed, put an ever-increasing % chance to trigger Kerafym and then wipe the server in an epic scripted event where Kerayfym enters every zone and permadeaths every toon he kills.

This way, you never know when the server will end, but you know it will... one day.

It start at 1% and increase by 1% every time the 4 warders are killed.
  • People will have a chance to kill warders and get loot
  • Killing the warders matters
  • Server end-of-life is in the hand of players
  • No fixed time on end-of-life of server
  • We all go out in an epic apocalyptic wipe
  • When warders are being killed, people will want to be on killing them or seeing if Norrath ends
Old 02-27-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

My idea is if you want sleeper reset, then you have to kill him. Guild that woke him will no longer get the drops that you can get pre waking the sleeper and they can no longer wake him.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

What if.... we just don't wake him?
Closed Thread