Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Mage aggro kiting?

Is this possible? I’m thinking it would be great with the water pets. Do we get any spells that generate enough aggro to allow for aggro kiting? Can’t think of any (malo line doesn’t seem to peel much aggro off of pets).
Old 02-02-2021, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Never seen this done but I don't play a mage
Old 02-02-2021, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Spells? No. But, as pointed out in the Ice Burrower thread, pet hate is transferred to the mage on pet death, so it gets really hard for your pet to peel off of you after a couple have gone down.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spells? No. But, as pointed out in the Ice Burrower thread, pet hate is transferred to the mage on pet death, so it gets really hard for your pet to peel off of you after a couple have gone down.
Was this change made specifically for Green? There's a video out there of 3 people (2 mages / 1 necro) killing Phinny on P99 by chain summoning pets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGyAuCJIvo Phinny never summoned any of them, but when I attempted a similar strategy on Green, I was summoned to Phinny after my pet died (even while other pets were still engaging him).
Old 02-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

It’s definitely new. I killed phinny with one other mage a couple years ago and we just chain summoned the 49 earth pet
Old 02-02-2021, 08:21 PM
Orc

Damn. Well, to any enterprising magicians who chance upon this thread, Phinny is definitely doable with a small group. Have a pet or a player w/ worn EB tank it. Just keep the tank alive and it's simple (assuming you have COTH to deal with the seahorses). If your group is good, the hardest part will be getting the engage. GL

On topic: The only spell I could see working for this is Scars of Sigil because of its short cast time. You would have to dump a lot of mana to keep aggro from the 60 pet (especially if it's focused). You could give a snare weapon to the pet, but that's a bit too much RNG when the entire strategy revolves around you being able to keep aggro. It's a shame there's a cap on threat generated by the first hit...otherwise pulling with SFoS would be pretty powerful. Also, a final wet blanket: if aggro kiting were a viable strat, I'm sure you'd see more mages doing it.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Necros pet agro kite now (thou not very effective compared to other necros strategies). But i don’t see if the mob is snared and the mage has sow that this can’t be done.
Closed Thread