Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-06-2021, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My FPS issues were caused by the Nvidia service NVIDIA Display Container LS. Since stopping and disabling it a couple months back I haven't had any issues.

Perhaps there's a similar issue with AMD gpus? Could try stopping any AMD services and see if it helps.
I scanned ye olde "Processes" tab for anything AMD/Radeon related and proceeded to close them and attempt to restart the client. Alas, there was no effect to be found regarding FPS changes. I made sure any overlay options were already disabled (including 3rd party). I appreciate the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by void221 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi.

you have not a nvidia grapics card but perhaps my tip will help.
i have a nvidia gfx-card and fixed my fps problems with changing a parameter in the nvidia systemcontrol for everquest. perhaps there is the possibility there is the same parameter for amd graphics cards.

I am in germany an i dont know the exact english name but i think
the parameter from which i talk is named :

Mode for low latency
or
low latency mode

i set this to ULTRA and my fps issuses were solved

well, i make a also a screenshot.

https://ibb.co/0ywRgqP

good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by valithteezee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something similar helped me, you have to check when EQ loads that it is using the correct displayed driver also.
The closest settings that the Radeon driver software provides is: Radeon Anti-Lag, which claims to reduce input lag, and Radeon Chill, which is supposed to balance framerate depending on GPU load. There is also a "Frame rate target control" setting in the Global Graphics tab, which I experimented with. In any variation that I tried so far (enabled, disabled, FPS range settings on low or high), there was no noticeable change when entering the game. This processor lacks onboard graphics, so it could only be running off of my current driver or generic. It shows my card ingame though.

Thinking it could be a CPU related issue. I've already tried messing with CPUAFFINITY parameters within eqclient.ini, and manually setting the game to run on one core. But I haven't tried messing with minimum clockspeed or anything of that nature.

If any Radeon/Ryzen users are reading this thread, I would be interested in hearing your experience!

Keep in mind this is exclusive to Project 1999s ingame performance. Other EQEmu servers are still able to run at a consistent framerate. Even the character select screen for P99 servers appears to be fluid and stable. But upon entering the game as any character in any zone I've been in, it devolves into an inconsistent mess. Most noticeable when adjusting the camera or moving the character around. This was also not the case prior to the forced Windows 20H2 update which I can no longer roll back. I don't believe it was a constant 60FPS before, but it definitely was not this bad.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by void221 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi.

i have a nvidia gfx-card and fixed my fps problems with changing a parameter in the nvidia systemcontrol for everquest. perhaps there is the possibility there is the same parameter for amd graphics cards.

Mode for low latency
or
low latency mode

good luck
I just tried this after consistently getting max 34ish FPS and its at 60 now!
Briqii Blunts 29 Half Elf Druid
Briq 16 Half Elf Rogue
Old 04-11-2021, 03:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
hi.

Mode for low latency
or
low latency mode

good luck
Oh my god thank you for this. I nearly pulled my hair out trying to figure out why I was only getting 32FPS after a string of windows updates and GeForce updates. I reinstalled Nvidia, system restore, changed my RAM timings. Ugh.

Here is the setting I changed in English that finally did the trick:

https://ibb.co/x8mHH0R
Old 04-19-2021, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotaP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I scanned ye olde "Processes" tab for anything AMD/Radeon related and proceeded to close them and attempt to restart the client. Alas, there was no effect to be found regarding FPS changes. I made sure any overlay options were already disabled (including 3rd party). I appreciate the suggestion!

The closest settings that the Radeon driver software provides is: Radeon Anti-Lag, which claims to reduce input lag, and Radeon Chill, which is supposed to balance framerate depending on GPU load. There is also a "Frame rate target control" setting in the Global Graphics tab, which I experimented with. In any variation that I tried so far (enabled, disabled, FPS range settings on low or high), there was no noticeable change when entering the game. This processor lacks onboard graphics, so it could only be running off of my current driver or generic. It shows my card ingame though.

Thinking it could be a CPU related issue. I've already tried messing with CPUAFFINITY parameters within eqclient.ini, and manually setting the game to run on one core. But I haven't tried messing with minimum clockspeed or anything of that nature.

If any Radeon/Ryzen users are reading this thread, I would be interested in hearing your experience!

Keep in mind this is exclusive to Project 1999s ingame performance. Other EQEmu servers are still able to run at a consistent framerate. Even the character select screen for P99 servers appears to be fluid and stable. But upon entering the game as any character in any zone I've been in, it devolves into an inconsistent mess. Most noticeable when adjusting the camera or moving the character around. This was also not the case prior to the forced Windows 20H2 update which I can no longer roll back. I don't believe it was a constant 60FPS before, but it definitely was not this bad.
I have been running EQ P99 on a Ryzen 5 2400G integrated Graphics AMD system with 32GB 2666 speed RAM for a long time now, pretty consistently getting upwards of 60 FPS. Just the other day I went to turn on my PC which was turned off for some strange reason, and logged in and come to find that I am stuck at a max FPS of around 40, with a typical amount being 35-38 at times. Nothing changed except I noticed a few windows updates that went through, but it was not the Feature Update 20H2. I tried a lot of things since then. I suspect a smaller patch fix that went through caused this, because I did not have Feature Update 20H2 installed yet, it was downloaded and waiting to install before this happened.

I have tried removing AMD display drivers and installing multiple previous versions, I have tried all the WinEQ settings I can think of, and even closing down WinEQ after every setting change and starting it back up. I have tried Affinity and running through a shortcut to eqgame.exe, with multiple compatibility settings. Always the same mediocre FPS.

I plan on trying to clear out some temp files and if that doesnt cut it, I will try to clean install and beware of Microsoft Windows Updates.

KyotaP99 have you had any luck since we had from you last? Looks like I am in the exact same boat whatever it is
Old 04-19-2021, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

I run this garbage on a calculator, run game, ctrl alt delete, select eq, right click, click go to details, set priority (high), set affinity to TWO cores.

Enjoy your 21308219% better EQ experience even on shit computers.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been running EQ P99 on a Ryzen 5 2400G integrated Graphics AMD system with 32GB 2666 speed RAM for a long time now, pretty consistently getting upwards of 60 FPS. Just the other day I went to turn on my PC which was turned off for some strange reason, and logged in and come to find that I am stuck at a max FPS of around 40, with a typical amount being 35-38 at times. Nothing changed except I noticed a few windows updates that went through, but it was not the Feature Update 20H2. I tried a lot of things since then. I suspect a smaller patch fix that went through caused this, because I did not have Feature Update 20H2 installed yet, it was downloaded and waiting to install before this happened.

I have tried removing AMD display drivers and installing multiple previous versions, I have tried all the WinEQ settings I can think of, and even closing down WinEQ after every setting change and starting it back up. I have tried Affinity and running through a shortcut to eqgame.exe, with multiple compatibility settings. Always the same mediocre FPS.

I plan on trying to clear out some temp files and if that doesnt cut it, I will try to clean install and beware of Microsoft Windows Updates.

KyotaP99 have you had any luck since we had from you last? Looks like I am in the exact same boat whatever it is
No luck on my end, unfortunately. Sorry to hear this is affecting you as well! I tried updating my BIOS to a newer version, and while it did lower my CPU temps nicely on more demanding games, there was no impact on P1999 performance. You will likely notice the same thing I did if you try setting the Maximum Frame Rate to about 75-100 on a different EQEmulator server, the client will run as expected. But anything below roughly 65 seems to keep the framerate at an unstable 30-40 as you mentioned. I understand that P1999 has an enforced 60FPS that ignores the eqclient.ini entry, so it seems we are kinda boned unless there is a way to determine which update causes this to happen and whether it can be reverted. Short of reinstalling Windows (not really an option atm), I'm tapped for ideas. If I find a solution I'll be sure to post here for anyone else experiencing this. If you discover anything that helps please share with us, I for one would be most appreciative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I run this garbage on a calculator, run game, ctrl alt delete, select eq, right click, click go to details, set priority (high), set affinity to TWO cores.

Enjoy your 21308219% better EQ experience even on shit computers.
I tried this by setting eqgame to run on CORE0 and CORE1, and setting the priority to high as instructed. There was no change, but I do thank you for the suggestion!!
Old 04-19-2021, 11:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
hi.

Mode for low latency
or
low latency mode

good luck

This did it for me. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2021, 05:22 AM
Aviak

For AMD users of Radeon cards up to 5700XT (but maybe not newer), please see my post here. This solved it. The issue is relating to the Adrenaline 2020 version not having a true fps limiting capability.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Default My AMD FPS Issues: RESOLVED

Kyota99

Please consider what I said in this post under cc0's thread Here

Good luck on finding your solution!
Old 04-20-2021, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
hi.

Mode for low latency
or
low latency mode

good luck
I've had the opposite experience. Disabling low latency mode resolved big FPS stutters and low averages (mid 30s) when using WinEQ2. 1080ti with Gsync set to fullscreen-only.