Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Default rogue solo 46 to 51

I've gone through these levels with war and monk soloing, but when I bring my rogue to the same places at the same level, it is a lot more difficult. I twink them pretty much to the same degree, so I don't think it's gear issue.

Going through the famous leveling guide, I still can't find a decent place where my rogue can solo efficiently.

(1) CoM: Very packed, hard to find solo spots as all the ffa mobs are usually taken, at 46 i can solo stabes but a lot are green.

(2) Dreadlands: The issue here is rogue can only handle certain mobs (e.g. must avoid rager), so finding the right mob and getting it single will be time consuming, hence inefficient exping

(3) Lguk: Caster mobs hard to beat, and hard to single

(4) Solb: Same as lguk

(5) Wakening Land - Mobs tons of hp, and giants near kael seem like the only safe area

(6) Great Divide - this is my current spot, but again the same issue with taking tons of time to kill one mob

Anyone can comment on other zones that I can try with better solo xp efficiency? At 46 he's decently geared with epic/horn/self healing bp/fungi etc.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:00 AM
Banned

Why would you want to do this to yourself?
Old 07-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Fire Giant

oggok guards

but also why are you soloing on a rogue
Old 07-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Cause rogues are the worst soloers in game. You will not have solo efficiency anywhere at that lvl, even if you were de leveled with NToV stuff.

Just find a necro and ask if you can duo with them. They often solo and you can stabby stab stuff they fear. Or a SK since they can also fear but are also pretty shit (but not as shit as rogue) at soloing mobs. Grab a SK buddy and go to town on BW giants, or DL, or w/e
Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Kobold

I soloed my rogue at that range on the 2 wandering guards in feerott. 6 min spawn time, FS loot every, easy to follow the river and figure out their spawn points. Exp is quick if you have some form of regen. Make sure you know how to face tank and backstab. Gear matters here.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause rogues are the worst soloers in game. You will not have solo efficiency anywhere at that lvl, even if you were de leveled with NToV stuff
A rogue can solo pretty well if he knows how to backstab while having aggro. Epic and fungi will carry you to 53 easily with DL 'vargs.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rogue can solo pretty well if he knows how to backstab while having aggro. Epic and fungi will carry you to 53 easily with DL 'vargs.
80k pp only carrying you to 53 on open world mobs should be an indicator of how garbage the class is at soloing
Old 07-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
80k pp only carrying you to 53 on open world mobs should be an indicator of how garbage the class is at soloing
Most classes have difficulty soloing 53+.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most classes have difficulty soloing 53+.
Bard, Wizards, Enchanters, Shaman, Mages, Druids, Necros, and Monks are all extremely easy to solo past 53.

If you know what you're doing, a thurg equipped warrior with some root nets, bind wound, and blood points (don't even need a fungi!) can also easily solo past this point too. SK's with a little skill can do it too along with rangers.

That leaves what? Clerics, rogues, and paladins as the worst soloers?

So yeah, most classes solo perfectly fine well past 53. Rogues are going to have the second hardest time soloing after the cleric.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen youtube videos and many posts on here regarding the solo rogue back stab. I have a very good internet connection and low latency and a top of the line computer (not sure if any of that matters in regards to landing the solo back stab). I can't seem to do it. I've heard you need to use the hide/evade macro to land it, I've heard you need to time it between server ticks, I've heard its all about spacing and strafing around and stabbing them in the side while you whip the camera around with the mouse, maybe I'm just not good enough at spinning the camera or need to adjust my sensitivity?

Could a proper rogue explain step by step the process and requirements for a solo back stab please :-)

I don't plan on soloing much on my rogue, he is part of a static quad and is an alt - But I'd like to know just incase I do need to solo something or have hate etc.
Closed Thread