Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Default McVaxius' Horn of War

Do you guys think its worth it for a mid level player with minimal plat to purchase the dragon horn?

Does it make enough difference kiting to justify or would upgrading basically every other piece of gear be a more logical route?
Old 10-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

If you are leveling by AOE kiting, then no other gear really matters. You could buy one, modestly improve your kite times, and resell it when you stop aoe kiting.

However, as a bard that doesn't AOE kite, I can't even remember the last time I used my horn. The only time I think I use it is to drain a tough caster of mana while it's mezzed. If you are grouping / fear kiting / etc., way better off upgrading armor and picking up an orb of tishan.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

I got one from a raid for my bard. It is certainly worth getting, it was increasing my DoT by 3-4 over a normal Horn I think at level 30.

Less time spent kiting = less chance of a screw up leading to death and waste of 30min.

I'd say buy, use to kite to your 50s then sell.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you think you can easily resell it for same price or more than you bought for, go for it. Otherwise, not necessary.

I didn't get one until I was in high 50s and quickly replaced it with plane of sky horn without ever using it.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:00 AM
Orc

Considering how OP swarm kiting already is... a few more points of damage hardly seems worth any money. Just add more mobs to the swarm to increase damage. I have a hard time seeing how the horn is a game changer.
Closed Thread