Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default monk weight

I was wondering how far over 15 pounds its okay to go, I know ideally you never want to go over 15 pounds. But my monk has pants that give him more ac then being under 15 pounds.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Aviak

I wouldn't worry about it at the lower levels. You will lose some AC but its not enough to make too much of a difference. You would have to pretty much destroy all loot and money to stay under. The limit slowly increases a bit as you get higher. Higher up mobs start hitting hard and you want all the AC you can get

I would save up for some weight reducing bags and some Cured Silk (very light weight).
Around 30, you can get a group together or find a high-level to go to Dalnir's Crypt for some Crescent armor
Old 11-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Alright thanks for the tips.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

The usual strategy here is to get a mage to summon some dimensional pockets (100% weight reduction, 4-6 slots). Every time you log off, make a duel corpse (no-rent items do not poof on corpses). So you can stock up on the fine steel a bit.

Also, the other usual strategy is called "Get 46 and join a raiding guild". All you need is a Wu's Quivering Staff and 2 5AC/55HP rings and you can wear whatever other trash really. Once you hit 46, then you can get a ton of Fear/Sky stuff.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The usual strategy here is to get a mage to summon some dimensional pockets (100% weight reduction, 4-6 slots). Every time you log off, make a duel corpse (no-rent items do not poof on corpses). So you can stock up on the fine steel a bit.

Also, the other usual strategy is called "Get 46 and join a raiding guild". All you need is a Wu's Quivering Staff and 2 5AC/55HP rings and you can wear whatever other trash really. Once you hit 46, then you can get a ton of Fear/Sky stuff.
Should I even bother trying to follow a high level into dalnir for crescent at 38 then? Maybe I should stick it out with the heavy mediocre gear until 46 instead? Or is the crescrescent still worth it?
Old 11-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Crescent boots, legs, and arms are good even at 60.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Bag of the Tinkerers is one of the most impressive items I've purchased. It reduced my weight in half; I went from like 30 to 15. Totally worth the 5.2k when you are able.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bag of the Tinkerers is one of the most impressive items I've purchased. It reduced my weight in half; I went from like 30 to 15. Totally worth the 5.2k when you are able.
qft