Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Default Red skill caps

Play a Ranger on Red Server.

I've been getting skill-ups in things like Dodge, Parry, and Offense although they appear in my skill window as capped in red text at the numbers posted on Wiki.

I'm certain I've not de-leveled or anything, it appears like something on the server side is keeping my skills at a certain cap but still allowing me to raise my skill.

I recall seeing something in v35 patch notes about increasing some caps for Ranger then something in v36 saying they've been reset until Velious. Is anyone able to duplicate this experience, or shed some insight?
Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

My sympathy for your red numbers. Lock picking was mistakenly capped at 250 at one point on this server. Was dropped to the correct 210 and my skill will be red numbers eternally. Yours will go away eventually.

All those numbers mean is your skill is higher than what the game allows at this point in time, or you deleveled. If you're still training the skills, I guess lucky you for Velious. Might wanna drop a bug report.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply Cecily, I figured I would try here before assuming it was a bug but that's where I'll post next. Good to know this is something seen before.