Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Werewolf form will let you drag corpses with no problem and generally just goof off in Velks all day. Pretty fun to go skating around kobolds, hang out with Bob, etc. I'm fairly certain that with faction song you can participate in Bob kills and still be dubious afterwards..but maybe I just died at Bob a lot.

Another favorite trick is playing with your armor. You can:
1) Equip Robe
2) Click Howler Lute
3) Equip Plate BP
4) Click off Howler form

Anyone in-zone should see you still wearing your robe, though anyone rez'd/zoning in will see you with BP. Fun if you like to stay fashionable with Guardian or Azure Sky robe.

The biggest thing I can think of besides Drums of the Beast and Lute of the Howler is Tri-Plated Golden Hacklehammer. If stacking works here like it should/did during Live, Bards can stack this with Talisman for an additional 250hp and some +svMagic/AC.

Other random stuff:
Vial of Velium Vapors Very easily crafted Gate potions. Can be done when KoS thanks to sneak. Can have two if you combine one and ask for another container.
Spinning Orb of Confusion For anybody, but still a decent neck and killer of time.
Bracer of Hammerfal Lousy range but summonable throwing hammers on the fly.
Preserved Chokidai Vocal Cords for when we get the post-Velious Chardok Update.
Dessicated Halfling Mask same as above. Hopefully come Chardok update AE groups are a thing of the past.
Verlekarnorm's Horn of Disaster for a Primary horn, though its clicky is pretty pointless.. also not sure if this is post revamp to NToV loot?
Neriad Shawl Another fun and rare illusion item. Never managed to get it on Live, though only camped it a handful of times.
Bioluminescent Orb though you'll have to fight monks for it.

Not a clicky but Guardian Robe for those of us with fashion sense but no hope of VP loot.

That's all the fun stuff I can remember hunting for during Velious-era for the bard. I'll log onto Live tonight and see what else I have wasting away from that era.
Last edited by Crawdad; 12-12-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old 12-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does that interact with corpse dragging? Or does the aggro only apply when dragging near the 3 factions (which are not represented in Velks)?
This is an interesting question. It depends on how it's coded on this server. I believe they blanket coded it to occur in all Velious zones. Cause it works like this in PoMischief. Don't try to drag a corpse to the central room in PoM otherwise you get aggro from the chest and spawn 8 Halflings.

I can't say I ever tested this on Al'Kabor where the classic dragging code was still active. Only used it in Kael and ToV. ToV proved to be a nice surprise buttsex one day when I was dragging my bard box's corpse from HoT entrance to the entrance of ToV thinking that since we were all ally, it wouldn't be an issue. NOP!

Insta-aggro and had to burn Succor :/.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an interesting question. It depends on how it's coded on this server. I believe they blanket coded it to occur in all Velious zones. Cause it works like this in PoMischief. Don't try to drag a corpse to the central room in PoM otherwise you get aggro from the chest and spawn 8 Halflings.

I can't say I ever tested this on Al'Kabor where the classic dragging code was still active. Only used it in Kael and ToV. ToV proved to be a nice surprise buttsex one day when I was dragging my bard box's corpse from HoT entrance to the entrance of ToV thinking that since we were all ally, it wouldn't be an issue. NOP!

Insta-aggro and had to burn Succor :/.
Can't add anything but anecdotal, but I used to do CRs for people all the time in Velks when I got my howler lute. Never had spiders or kobolds aggro. Never tried it around Bob though.