Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Worked for me!
Old 02-23-2019, 04:17 PM
Aviak

any reports on this helping with the issue of toons not being able to load at game start?

also forgive my noobishness, where do i access eq options. not finding in files. is it in-game only?
Last edited by sounion; 02-23-2019 at 04:37 PM..
Old 02-23-2019, 04:48 PM
Aviak

already had this option set to no loading art, but still have this issue, so this is not a fix for me.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
already had this option set to no loading art, but still have this issue, so this is not a fix for me.
x2
Old 04-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Large Bat

Problem is i don't have the drop down box in the graphics options to disable it! How do you fix that one?!
Old 04-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem is i don't have the drop down box in the graphics options to disable it! How do you fix that one?!
eqclient.ini -> LoadScreenMode=0

-Mcoy
Old 04-11-2021, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same fam

i never found it either

2 days ago, i started crashing every single time i zoned, and sometimes when i tried to load my character from character select... i tried all kinds of shit to fix it..

nothing worked

i noticed windows update needed me to reboot my computer.. i been putting this off for weeks since my computer is also a mining rig and i dont really ever turn it off... well windows updated, took forever... and eq started working again...
Old 04-11-2021, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same fam

i never found it either

2 days ago, i started crashing every single time i zoned, and sometimes when i tried to load my character from character select... i tried all kinds of shit to fix it..

nothing worked

i noticed windows update needed me to reboot my computer.. i been putting this off for weeks since my computer is also a mining rig and i dont really ever turn it off... well windows updated, took forever... and eq started working again...
EQ relies upon "GetTickCount" which Rezzie does a great job of explaining:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some reason, it being negative stops item hover text from working. If you reboot it resets the counter and item hovers should reappear. Alternatively, wait another 24.86 days and it'll fix itself.
This can cause a couple different issues if you're in the >24.86 day time before it rolls over again.

Note that a lot of people use "Shut Down" on their Windows computers, and MS was kind enough to default a new setting called "Fast Startup" to enabled. This reduces boot times from shut down, but it doesn't fully wipe memory. So either disable fast startup in your power options, or choose "restart" to actually reset this stored value.

Open Power Options and click on "Choose what the power buttons do":

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Additionally, as Joe stated pending Updates appear to also cause issues.

-Mcoy
Last edited by mcoy; 04-11-2021 at 12:42 AM..