Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best analogy here is imagine driving down a long desert highway in the summer and seeing someone walking along the road sweating their ass off. You pull over to offer a ride and they guy says "what kind of piece of shit would try to rob me of the experience of walking through the desert alone?"

That guy is a dick and I hope his trek is long and miserable.
But it's a once in a lifetime experience!
Old 08-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best analogy here is imagine driving down a long desert highway in the summer and seeing someone walking along the road sweating their ass off. You pull over to offer a ride and they guy says "what kind of piece of shit would try to rob me of the experience of walking through the desert alone?"

That guy is a dick and I hope his trek is long and miserable.
An even better analogy (based on my first post) would be the guy pulls up in the middle of the desert, opens his car door, and doesn't say a word. He just sits there with his car door open staring at me. Would you get in?

It was never the buff I was wondering about, it was the stealthiness of it.

Btw, I did thank the fellow in game before I clicked the buffs off.
Wow! I never knew not wanting a god-mode buff could be so hurtful to so many.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Kobold

I really wonder what the OP would do if he came across a corpse that a higher level player killed and left behind because it was trivial to him, and to have a really good upgrade piece of gear the OP could equip.

I wonder if he would loot it and use it, or would it be, "Oh, I never killed it, so I'm gonna just let this piece rot even though I could use it."

OP: The game will get incredibly harder and more tedious in the later levels. A word of advice: Take all that is offered in goodwill while you can. In the upper levels, you will wish you had.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 08-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw, I did thank the fellow in game before I clicked the buffs off.
Wow! I never knew not wanting a god-mode buff could be so hurtful to so many.
You aren't getting negative responses for clicking off unwanted buffs. Other players do that. I routinely do it. You're hearing negative comments because you called drive-by buffing "disruptive" or even "creepy" (your words) when in reality it's both common in this game and positively regarded by most the community. What you call the "stealthiness" of it is in reality the simple fact that a lot of folks are too lazy to want to type much. On the other end of it, if you're new to EQ (I notice your 2017 forum join date, but maybe you haven't played much?) and used to other games where such buffing is not commonplace maybe it might indeed seem odd. A lot of newer games built using lessons learned from EQ opted to limit the ability to out-of-group buff players specifically to prevent the trivialization of content that you describe.

Danth
Old 08-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I'm running towards someone and they're running towards me (does anyone walk in EQ?), should I veer to my right or to my left, or should I just run right through them for a moment of nerd oneness?
People here have such poor social skills that if you stand right in front of them, they'll veer slightly to the side, or move 5 feet away from you.

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 08-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

This thread reminds me of a funny bit by Dave Chapelle about women who get offended about being treated like a prostitute based on how they are dressed.

Woman: Just because I am dressed this way does not make me a whore.
Dave: That is true. Dressing like that does not make you a whore. However, you are wearing a whore’s uniform. So you can understand where the confusion comes from.
Closed Thread