Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM

this is the video I originally used to install EQ on my mac. This is my only frame of reference on how this problem can be resolved...should I completely wipe the files I have and re-do step by step from this video but with new P49 files. Has anyone tried this and had success?
I have done this several times today. It still ends up the same, if you use the new v49 "dsetup.dll" , wineskin will not boot at all. If you use the old(I was using v47, I don't see a posting for v48 even) "DSETUP.dll" wineskin will boot and you will make it all the way to the character select screen but it will just be the naked human and it will say Spell Files are outdated.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

hope there's a solution for us mac users, thanks dev and to all who volunteered to troubleshoot

for us avg joes who aren't tech savy, we can only check this thread multiple times a day...
Old 09-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Orc

Hm strange.... i use an old Macbook Pro with Wine and P99. Simply dragged new patch file into EQ folder there, was starting as usual without any issues...
Old 09-09-2019, 06:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hm strange.... i use an old Macbook Pro with Wine and P99. Simply dragged new patch file into EQ folder there, was starting as usual without any issues...
Which version of MAC OS are you using?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

I imagine older versions of mac os may work, I cant test now but if anyone is on 10.12 or earlier it may work.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

While we don't typically support anything other than windows, I would be willing to possibly investigate the cause behind the patch affecting mac users. It's obviously something to do with our DLL Changes, which was significantly revamped since the last time it was distributed. This file contains a lot of API/Hooking to edit the client's memory space for classic and anti cheat reasons.

I'll need help from a few of you to test the reasons for the crash, including running debug versions of the DLL. If you are a tech savvy person and are willing to help, contact me on Discord.
Thanks for reaching out. I’m fairly tech-savvy, happy to run debug tools/collect logs/etc., will contract you on Discord.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which version of MAC OS are you using?
Will check when I am at home again. Think it is OS X 10.11: El Capitan but not sure.
[60 Troubadour] Lasterbalk <Riot>
[56 Preserver] Aithne Oakforest <Riot>

Solusek Ro / Bristlebane retired:
[80 Vah Shir Rogue] Katran <Magna Charta>
Old 09-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will check when I am at home again. Think it is OS X 10.11: El Capitan but not sure.
This makes sense and might be an option as a work around. I forget if it is 10.12 or 10.13 but Apple slowly started to reduce support for older applications that were not 64bit. Workarounds in WINE aloud us to bypass that (for now anyway) but this patch may have changed that. I'll re image one of my older computers and see what newest version works. Would be great to get it working on Mojave (10.14) But if people don't want to buy a copy of windows and do bootcamp they could always partition their drive and install an older OS (since apple software is free).
Old 09-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Aviak

Im running el capitan 10.11.6
Old 09-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im running el capitan 10.11.6
And it does NOT work for you? Or is it working on 10.11?