Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Illegible Scrolls Quest Change

Saw on the patch notes that the illegible scrolls quest had been change: "Ilegible Scrolls' quest requires amiable or better faction" (Nilbog).

To which Illegible Scrolls Quest is this referring? The one that Iksars have to do for Greenmist - "Crusader's Test of the Lord" for Lord of Pain Khukri? Or is it the low level spell quest from the scrolls dropped by the Orcs?

Thanks in advance!
Lhord
Old 09-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Other quests with Illegible Scrolls:

Tanned Splitpaw Skins in Qeynos

Keeper Rott's Pages (this one was technically bugged: you can get the quest at high amiably but Rott ate my pages until I hit kindly)
Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Ze plot thickenz.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

I think it's Keeper Rott's pages, because of the discrepancy noted between when you can get Rott to give you the quest (higher amiably) and when he'll actually give you the result for turn-in without eating the turn-ins.

Testing Keeper Rott's pages is actually fairly easy.

The pages all drop off of Goblin Spirit Callers in Loio and WW. (Talking to Rott, he seems to dictate that you need 2 from Loio and 2 from WW, but all 4 drop in WW)

An easy source of dead Goblin Spirit Callers is some high-level camping Grachnist the Destroyer in the fort in the NE area of WW. The clicky Grim Aura earring is pretty popular, so the likelihood of someone camping it is pretty high.

Just tag along and pick up the pages and then run to W. Cab to turn 'em in. They're lore, so you just pick them up until you have 4. If Rott gives you the quest but eats the results, then this isn't the fixed quest.

You can also snag the spirit caller beads for the Scaled Mystic Boots while you're at it. The hoof chip is an uncommon drop in OT, so this makes it the easiest piece of the IKS SHM armor to run.

I can't run the test because I factioned up to Kindly specifically to run it a few times (the XP was good, and i was determined to research it more.)
Old 09-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Illegible scrolls can only apply to the orc shaman scrolls, the greenmist scrolls have the same name but you combine them, you don't turn them in to a npc
Closed Thread