Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

I actually duo'd with an Enchanter buddy a ton on my journey to 60 on my Paladin. However, I think it was a bit easier for us than it will be on green, the main reason being that you won't be able to use Deepwater Helm to heal at all. But honestly, with the Enchanter slowing, and with my having Clarity, I had more than enough mana to heal myself back up when needed. It's a great duo in zones where mobs backstab. We duo'd a lot in The Hole and the mobs outside of Efreeti. Both spots have Rogue mobs they can charm, and since you can actually tank it really ramps up the DPS.

Green will be a whole different beast though ,and it's hard to say how effective it would be with zero gear.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Pally+Enc would be a great combo. Go for it, don't let the min maxers talk you out of it.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Paladin is probably the only melee really worth duoing with as an enchanter. This is an underrated duo.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

I agree, this is a fun pairing.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wife is a really good Enc, definitely comfortable with charming/cc/even pulling.
So you'll crush Green regardless of what class you pick, and your primary limit will be neckbearding the very limited number of L40+ camps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pally+Enc would be a great combo. Go for it, don't be discouraged by the first 30 levels
I think Paladin/Enchanter is going to suck at first; you don't get root until 22 and stun/symbol until 30. But after that it should be smooth sailing. Your pure duo will be not-terrible, but the best part is that you can take any semi-conscious priest and form a very effective trio: you have loads of control spells to maintain a charmed pet, handle nuking wizards, slow, lay on hands if charm really goes south, etc. As a bonus, you'll have clarity all the time which will let you cast a lot of Knight spells and just spam flash of light.
Last edited by Raev; 09-12-2019 at 02:55 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Wink

I like that you like the idea of not boxing, since it isn't allowed here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-13-2019, 12:39 AM
Orc

This duo could definitely work. Ench + anything is often a successful formula. You'll be able to rip agro on pet breaks, assist with lull, root, heals (yes they will make a big impact, even pally heals) and add buffs that she doesnt have.

Again ench + anything. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread