Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Banned

Default Robe of Lost circle monk quest, lucky or broken?

Just curious if anyone has noticed higher then average spawn rates on these mobs, raster in particular. I knocked out raster within 3 spawns and targin spawned next respawn after killing his PH. I see targin up ALL the time, And since I have been frequenting Guk for noble/king area I see raster up an absurd amount of times on track. On live I must have put 50-60+ hours into Raster to get him. I already have my epic, but I didn't want to bother asking a few pals to kill bro Z or Q for me just for a robe I may rarely use since I pvp mostly on my monk and fungi is king despite its -10dex for tstaff proc.

Anyway just curious if anyone else noticed high spawn rates? Also I originally read that neither of these were MQable, But 2-3 threads down one says Targin is in fact MQable but that raster isn't? For me personally, I was able to knock out a robe from start to finish within 4-5 hours. Used a ranger to track and camp phido/grisok/shen and ghanex is always up, Gnoll embalmers are crazy up at night time. Dagger of marnek I got lucky and found one for 200 plat, Zaharans Coronet I killed the patriach once and got zarahan to pop. I imagine if I had to go to befallen forthe dagger I would have spent way more time doing it.

For the red headband, I killed theanna or whatever and looted it. Probably what took the most time was the qeynos quests, Gnoll pups are stupidly rare and I was being bard sped between qeynos gates, BB ent, and around the canyons of EF total of ~25 gnoll pups for 8 scalps(did the first turn in sneaking, 4 unstacked scalps he acknowledged but gave my iksar nothing) got the same message when I used a level 1 human monk to do turn in and received it properly. The rest was a joke to obtain.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you got lucky on Raster.

One thing that isn't classic is Brother Z's robe isn't 100% drop rate on live. More like a 50% shot. And he will show it when he is wearing it.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

You definitely got lucky on both. Tagrin is more available due to his proximity to nobles. I spent the better part of 3 weeks at nobles without seeing one spawn. Got my piece because a group knew I had been camping it forever.. saw I was in nektulos, and PMed me.

Raster I also got lucky. First cycle he popped and I had a shaman with me (was level ~49).

Brother Z did not have a robe when I turned it his portion.

I recall Qwinn shows the robe.. I've not seen Z with it however.

and.. I hate KC. dirty pawduster
Old 11-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Just adding some more data points to this thread, I recently redid the robe quest and it was ridiculously fast, got Raster on the second spawn, skipped Targin so can't confirm (had book on my alt to mq), and Bro Q/Z were up as soon as I zoned in. Really strange as the first time I did it in 2012ish took about 40 hours all in.

One thing I will add is I've probably spent a good 36-48 hours leveling up in KC recently and I have never seen so many pawbusters as I have in the last month or so. I can count at least 7 which is absurd to me since I never saw one spawn before on live!

Also I confirmed in that other thread, but will confirm again here that the Targin piece (Code of Zan Fi) is 100% working MQable. I did not MQ raster so I cannot confirm that. It appears that it would be MQable since it's a 2 item turn in similar to Targin so perhaps it's just broken here?
Last edited by hablabba; 11-10-2014 at 01:34 PM..
Old 11-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

can NOT mq the raster idol
Old 11-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I started camping raster recently.
First time I got there, he was camped. I left and came back about 14 hours later and the same guy was there camping. He was there the entire time and no raster pop.
Next day I got raster on 2nd ph. Then was able to finish the entire robe in the same day. Targin took me little over 2 hours. Brother Q was up. Brother Z took about 3 hours of ph killing.
Closed Thread