Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Default Need some help now as a 35 monk regarding gear please.

So my weight hovers at 29 or 30 just from gear. This wasn't a big issue before but I'm getting hit frequently for max damage by blues in MM now. The problem is I need help balancing what I'd be losing in stats and ac when trying to lower my weight. Keep in mind I only have 1.8k and would prefer to maintain some buffer plat for player services.

Right now I'm using this gear:
3 str earrings
helm of rile (5 ago 9 str but 4 wt)
Plat fire wedding rings
golden BP choker
Foreman tunic
leering mask
cured silk shoulders and back
cured silk brace
Shackle of dust (lol)
Iksar scaled gloves
kobold hide boots
drakescale legs
fbss (my crowning hk purchase)
Wu quivering for 2h, CoH and kd when training 1hb
may have forgotten a slot

I also have a shralok pack, stack of food and water and keep the off weapon in the pack since iksar banking issues.

The problem is if I switch out, say, helm of rile for crescent headpiece I lose stats and ac. I considered full crescent but I can't get groups in dalnir to camp it. I also feel like cured silk is a general downgrade and wu is too expensive. Is there any way to lower my weight fairly inexpensively without sacrificing a ton of stats from the above gear? I'm not really sure what to do here.

Thanks
Rayzur
Old 11-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you switch helm, you might gain ac just because of the weight penalty. Them iksar gloves weigh too much, do the gem inlaid quest that involves the sk gnoll pages and you will loose a couple pounds.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you switch helm, you might gain ac just because of the weight penalty. Them iksar gloves weigh too much, do the gem inlaid quest that involves the sk gnoll pages and you will loose a couple pounds.
Interesting on the gloves. Can I do the quest as an iksar though? Alot of qeynos and freeport and I'm kos in both.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

All 4 pages arent no drop, camp on iksar and transfer to a lvl 1 human for hand in. Reward isnt no drop.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All 4 pages arent no drop, camp on iksar and transfer to a lvl 1 human for hand in. Reward isnt no drop.
I did this until next to last step but that one is no trade so I have to finish in bb a quest with a lvl 1 in qeynos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone have other gear suggestions?
Old 11-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Get a sow in qeynos and run to nk. From there you can get a port to bb easy. Even if you pay 100pp for a port. The gloves are very nice.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Take a trip to Dalnir for no drop monk gear. all weighs less then 1#. the chest and legs are awesome. the feet are pretty good too.
Also for gloves, you can get power gloves to save weight. +5 str, .1 wt.
the leggings from ancient croc in upper guk are also under 1# and give +15hp and some okay AC.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take a trip to Dalnir for no drop monk gear. all weighs less then 1#. the chest and legs are awesome. the feet are pretty good too.
Also for gloves, you can get power gloves to save weight. +5 str, .1 wt.
the leggings from ancient croc in upper guk are also under 1# and give +15hp and some okay AC.
I would love this but there's rarely anyone in dalnir to help me, at my level I'd need a group.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love this but there's rarely anyone in dalnir to help me, at my level I'd need a group.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=168162
Old 11-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh awesome thanks!
Closed Thread