Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Aviak

Your observation that you're getting hit for max damage more often because you're overweight is mostly just in your head. EQ is a game determined by formulas, not the subjective observations we tend to make as players.

While there's no doubt that being overweight makes some difference, it's just wrong to say that an overweight Monk gets slammed all the time. You simply cannot afford to care about getting low weight, both in terms of the platinum and merchant items you'd have destroy, and in terms of getting expensive good (or no drop raid) 0.1 weight gear. Furthermore, when you go over 30 weight, the penalty per extra overweight is miniscule.

That being said, your gear seems really stat focused, particularly your necklace is terrible. Focus mainly on AC and HP, have a (small) eye on weight, and STR/STA for stats. Here are some quick things you can buy to increase your AC and HP:

Lumberjack's Cap
Golden Topaz Earring
Robe of Living Fungus
Bracers of Erollisi
Cured Silk Boots (or Wu's)
Drolvarg Mantle
Gatorscale Leggings
Glowing Bone Collar
Sarnak-Hide Mask
Werewolf Skin Cloak

Bags:
Light Burlap Sack / Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye (heavy, but worth it for all the heavy merchant items you can carry)
Lionhide Backpack
Forager Bag
Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Obtain a large soiled bag for 100% reduction for small items. For the five monks i've leveled on this server, being between 24-30weight was normal for me. Sometimes when you're close to a blue's level, you just get hit for max damage. I found it's normally when you're about 3-5 levels above a blue where you start to not get hit with max damage too much, but expect it when you're pulling the plate armored MM mobs.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Nice I'll check into all of this, thanks alot!
Closed Thread