Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Default Question about Sabertooth Cats (Hide Drops)

Hello all!

I am a Level 39 Wood Elf trying to get in touch with my cultural roots and level up my Tailoring. I am working on Mithril Reinforced Masks, for which I need Excellent Sabertooth Tiger Hide.

I see on the Wiki that there are various cats (of varying levels) that this Hide can drop from (as well as an oozing flesh?)

I am wondering if anyone knows which cats might have more likelihood of dropping the Excellent Hide. I do see on the Wiki that (for example) on the Sabretooth Tiger that the likelihood is "(Rare) [2] 1x 35% (50%)" but I am not familiar with what that data means. Does that mean that there is a 50% chance that the Excellent Hide will drop?

Thanks so much in advance for any info or tips! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 05-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all!

I am a Level 39 Wood Elf trying to get in touch with my cultural roots and level up my Tailoring. I am working on Mithril Reinforced Masks, for which I need Excellent Sabertooth Tiger Hide.

I see on the Wiki that there are various cats (of varying levels) that this Hide can drop from (as well as an oozing flesh?)

I am wondering if anyone knows which cats might have more likelihood of dropping the Excellent Hide. I do see on the Wiki that (for example) on the Sabretooth Tiger that the likelihood is "(Rare) [2] 1x 35% (50%)" but I am not familiar with what that data means. Does that mean that there is a 50% chance that the Excellent Hide will drop?

Thanks so much in advance for any info or tips! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my experience, they are pretty rare no matter which cat you kill. I have heard of people having better drop rates on the oozing flesh in ToFS, but I've never went to check myself.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my experience, they are pretty rare no matter which cat you kill. I have heard of people having better drop rates on the oozing flesh in ToFS, but I've never went to check myself.
Hmm, okay, it sounds like the drop rate probably isn't 50% then...

Does anyone know what the "[2] 1x 35% (50%)" on the Wiki page means?

Old 05-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

When I'm soloing "a sabertooth grimalkin" out in Lake of ill, these hides will drop for me. There have been buyers who enter the zone looking for them as well.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, okay, it sounds like the drop rate probably isn't 50% then...

Does anyone know what the "[2] 1x 35% (50%)" on the Wiki page means?
It is likely inaccurate data but the formula represents that it has a 50% chance to drop a sabertooth hide pelt and within that a 35% chance that the one that drops is excellent quality.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietsmmar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I'm soloing "a sabertooth grimalkin" out in Lake of ill, these hides will drop for me. There have been buyers who enter the zone looking for them as well.
Have you spent a lot of time soloing them? I'm curious what your experiences are in terms of how often the excellent hides drop. Are you still soloing them currently? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: I'm thinking about hunting down the "Sabretooth tiger" in The Overthere, considering those seem to be high enough where I would still get XP as well as the chance for hides. Is anyone familiar with that zone? Are these particular cats pretty abundant there?

Last edited by honeybee12874; 05-07-2019 at 02:53 PM..
Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

When I'm on my ranger I still do, they spawn near the Windmill in LOIO. There is about 5-6 that spawn & roam & sometimes others are hunting them as well. You are better off with the ones your lvl to get EXP while hunting them.
Closed Thread